CDW delivers a unified approach to addressing data risk through a unique combination of consulting service offerings. CDW – Integrated Security delivers a unified approach to addressing data risk through a unique combination of service offerings. CDW has brought together industry-leading expertise in cyber security, identity governance and access management, data privacy and analytics, internal audit, and hands-on training services, giving companies everything needed to plan and develop effective risk and security programs. By integrating these services, we provide our clients with the flexible support they need to protect and leverage data across any part of their organization. Simply put, CDW is the next generation of risk management.
The National Security Services Solution Architect (S3A) is a field-based technical pre-sales role supporting CDW’s Program Strategy, CyberSecurity, Compliance, and Risk practices:
· Compliance Consulting: PCI-DSS, SWIFT, Data Privacy (GLBA, CPRA, GDPR, etc), HIPAA, CMMC Security Strategy and Program Transformation: Security controls assessments, security program consulting
· Risk Consulting: SOX, FTC Compliance, internal audit,
This role involves providing consultative guidance, scoping service offerings, and fostering strategic relationships to drive business growth. In this role you will be working with customers, delivery, internal sales, marketing and events teams to develop and maintain strategic relationships and be a trusted advisor to grow our Security services business.
- Scope and draft appropriate assessment and service solutions for CDW customers, including security and privacy assessments, security and privacy compliance consulting, as well as advisory, risk, and vCISO services.
- Collaborate with customers, delivery teams, and internal sales to offer consultative guidance, plan sales strategy, and author statements of work (SOWs).
- Analyze administrative, budgetary, technical, regulatory, and competitive considerations, defining actions to meet customer expectations in the sales cycle.
- Maintain strategic relationships with Sales & Delivery management, acting as a trusted advisor to drive business growth.
- Act as a subject matter expert in multiple families of professional security and privacy services.
- Drive outreach initiatives, professional service enablement projects, coaching, and mentoring for other security S3As as well as presales peers in sister practices for cross collaboration.
- Uncover strategic and emerging business opportunities in collaboration with presales peers, delivery, sales, partners, and customers.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five years in technical or professional services pre-sales or post-sale delivery.
- Motivated, self-starting, and able to independently perform high quality work with minimal guidance.
- Highly Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Industry knowledge and domain expertise: An S3A should possess domain expertise. They should understand industry-specific challenges, regulations, and best practices. This knowledge enables them to provide tailored recommendations and position the company's solutions effectively within the industry landscape. Specific areas of subject matter expertise include, but are not limited to the following:
- PCI-DSS, SWIFT
- GDPR, CPRA, GLBA, CMMC, HIPAA, HITRUST, Third Party Risk
- SOX, FTC Safeguards rule, SEC
- Previous engineering/delivery experience in any of these fields is a strong plus
· Team collaboration and leadership: Collaboration with cross-functional teams, including sales and delivery, is crucial in this role. A S3A should be able to work effectively in a team, lead technical discussions, and influence decision-making. They may also provide guidance and mentorship to junior team members.
- Customer-focused approach: An S3A must have a customer-centric mindset and be able to understand and articulate customer needs effectively. They should possess excellent communication and presentation skills, to every vertical, to engage with customers, gather requirements, and explain technical concepts in a clear and concise manner. Building relationships, understanding customer pain points, and providing tailored solutions are key aspects of this role.
- Sales acumen: While not strictly a sales role, a pre-sales solution architect needs to have a strong business and sales acumen. They should understand the sales process, collaborate closely with sales teams, and contribute to sales strategies. The ability to effectively communicate the value proposition of solutions, understand pricing models, and create compelling proposals and statements of work (SOWs) is important.
- Proven Multi Project management skills: The successful applicant will need to effectively manage multiple projects, meet deadlines,. Being able to manage customer priorities, work in a fast-paced environment, and adapt to changing requirements is essential.
- Solution design and problem-solving skills: The candidate should have the ability to design comprehensive solutions that address customer requirements and business challenges. They should be skilled in analyzing complex problems, identifying appropriate solutions, and translating various concepts into understandable terms for customers. Strong problem-solving skills are crucial for identifying and resolving issues or gaps in proposed solutions.
- Continuous learning and adaptability: Technology is constantly evolving, so a pre-sales solution architect should have a passion for learning and staying updated with industry trends, new technologies, and emerging solutions. Adaptability to changing customer needs and the ability to quickly grasp and apply new concepts are important qualities for success in this role.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% or as needed.