The Managing Consultant plans, directs, and coordinates activities of Adobe Experience Cloud projects and associated personnel, subcontractors, and vendors to ensure that client service delivery is effectively managed on all dimensions: budget, timeline, quality, deliverables/outcomes, teaming/collaboration, and updates/communication with a high degree of client satisfaction. Teams with other consulting and sales colleagues to develop a “trusted advisor” relationship with clients with the specific objective of achieving further penetration into accounts and attaining meaningful follow-on sales.
The primary purpose of the Managing consultant position is to provide advanced Digital consulting services to clients. This role may perform activities such as architecture definition, workflow design, workflow configuration, form design, systems integration, and testing.
Activities will include conducting discovery sessions with customer stakeholders, documenting requirements and solution designs, working with developers to implement data layers, and instrumenting sites and apps by configuring the analytics platform and tag manager. The candidate will need a strong foundation in web analytics, including significant real-world consulting experience with Adobe Analytics and Adobe Experience Platform Data Collection (previously Adobe Launch). The candidate must be able to effectively document Analytics business requirements and the Analytics solution design, including but not limited to MarTech data source integration, data layer architecture, and Data Collection tags. They will lead Analytics implementation projects, providing both strategy and implementation. Exposure and knowledge of other Analytics products like Google Analytics and Tealium is preferred.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Regularly serves in the lead Analytics consultant role on a project team to provide guidance to other team members, while seeking and fostering additional opportunities with clients. Also responsible for managing the quality assurance process to deliver quality on-time Analytics deliverables.
- Identifies all points of contact from the system perspective and establishes contact with necessary stakeholders.
- Reviews business and technical requirements from multiple user areas to ensure compatibility, identify gaps and inconsistencies, and eliminate conflicting requirements.
- Understands the business factors and motivators driving technology decisions with clients.
- Participates in defining business requirements, technical requirements, and solution architecture for clients.
- Provides input to final recommendations for technology solutions to meet business requirements.
- Prepares and completes technical design inspection of other team members Analytics deliverables.
- Gathers feedback and input from team members and works with senior project staff to optimize client relationship and improve quality.
- Consistently achieves outstanding Client Satisfaction results on all consulting engagements.
- Maintains accountability to work estimates and project financials.
- Builds client-focused relationships with clients to identify business challenges.
- Makes recommendations to solve client problems.
- Complies with all time compliance and time entry guidelines.
- Meets billable utilization targets.
Practice Development: Supports activities that drive practice growth and profitability:
- Directly interacts with clients, sales personnel, and CDW Presales Architects to identify, qualify, and validate client requirements for technology solutions. Pursuit activities include meeting with C-Suite stakeholders and creating and delivering presentations to drive Digital and/or Data solutions.
- Creates solution prototypes and POCs that illustrate business value and garner client buy-in.
- Provides technical perspective to ensure a realistic estimation of scope, cost, and level of effort for proposal generation.
- Creates proposals and contractually sound Statements of Work (SOWs), solution work estimates, and total solution pricing for profitable post-sales delivery integration, implementation, and delivery. Provides significant and demonstrated services solution sales to meet practice goals.
- Develops Cost/Benefit Analysis and rationale for large complex projects or programs with input from others on the account team.
- Provides technical leadership in the 2-3 core competencies and related offerings of technical specialty.
- Conducts research & development work targeted to create frameworks, utilities, or best practices to enhance the efficiency and quality of client delivery efforts.
- Cataloguing existing intellectual property (IP), determining strategic areas for IP development (including input into training and education plans), and evangelizing the use of practice IP by delivery teams.
- Contributes and develops best practices, strategies, methodologies, and documentation/templates. Occasionally presents externally as a thought leader at a regional level.
Maintains accountability to work estimates and project financials
- Directly supervises project staff with responsibility for ensuring engagement success and appropriate use of practice tools, methodology, deliverable preparation, and client presentation.
- Leads code or other technical reviews and presents constructive feedback to technical team.
- Mentors more junior personnel and serves as escalation point for their technical related project issues.
- Steps into team leadership roles and empowers others to increase contribution and level of responsibility.
- Training/Certifications - Engages in professional development, including obtaining industry related certifications as directed by management, to maintain continued growth in professional skills and knowledge.
- Administrative Overhead – Responds to emails/phone calls and completes time cards in a timely manner. Completes expense reports and status reports as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- At least eight (8) years related work experience with one or more Digital and/or Data solutions in the CDW portfolio.
Other Required Qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with a wide variety of client and CDW team members, including management and technical staff.
- Demonstrated ability to understand a client’s requirements and present appropriate architectural options.
- Demonstrated ability to provide guidance and leadership to less experienced technical team members, including delegating technical tasks, and resolving issues of poor technical execution without escalation.
- Demonstrated ability to architect large projects from pre-sales Discovery to Solution Outline.
- Demonstrated presentation and communication skills, including effectively communicating one-on-one and in small and large groups, using a variety of presentation methods to sustain the audiences’ engagement.
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills; ability to handle multiple concurrent projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive working relationships and conduct complex and important work critical to the organization in a team consulting environment.
- Intermediate to advanced experience using Adobe Analytics, specifically Analysis Workspace.
- Experience with executing analytics tracking through Adobe Experience Platform Data Collection (Adobe Launch).
- Experience with data layer events and data layer architecture.
- Proven conceptual knowledge of web/mobile application paradigm, content management systems, browser applications, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), social media, and/or mobile and web analytics tools.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate complex data and technical information to a diverse group of stakeholders and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with large data set management and multivariate analysis with the ability to derive insights from data.
- Experience working with multi-channel customer-level data analysis.
- Track record of work building Adobe Analytics report suites.
- Experience or familiarity with CRMs, testing and personalization tools, and marketing automation integrations into Adobe Analytics.
- Experience with testing and validating code through debugging methods.
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS with a comfort level to speak to development team members.
- Comfortable presenting to and interacting with customer stakeholders and the management team.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey technical information to non-technical stakeholders.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with a history of leading successful projects.
- Familiarity with agile methodologies and project management approaches.
- Consulting experience, especially in an agency or global systems integrator environment.
- Experience with configuring Customer Journey Analytics and ingesting data into Adobe Experience Platform datasets.
- Experience with integrating Adobe Analytics with Adobe Target and using Adobe Target for optimization activities.
- Experience with other Adobe Experience Cloud products (Campaign, AEM, Audience Manager, Journey Optimizer, etc.)
- Experience with configuring Google Analytics
- Experience using Google Tag Manager/Ensighten/Tealium.
- Certifications in relevant areas of specialty such as:
- Adobe Certified Expert – Adobe Analytics Business Practitioner
- Adobe Certified Expert – Adobe Analytics Developer
- Adobe Certified Master – Adobe Analytics Architect
- Adobe Certified Developer – Customer Journey Analytics Developer
Data Privacy and Security
All CDW employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with CDW policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate CDW authority.
Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
This position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Demonstrates competencies defined for the Analyst through Sr. Consultant levels, plus the following:
Business Insight - Knows how businesses work and how organizations make money. Keeps up with current and possible future policies, practices, and trends in the organization, with the competition and in the marketplace. Uses knowledge of business drivers and how strategies and tactics play out in the market to guide actions.
Interpersonal Savvy - Relates comfortably with people across levels, functions, culture, and geography. Acts with diplomacy and tact. Builds rapport in an open, friendly, and accepting way. Builds constructive relationships with people both similar and different to self. Picks up on interpersonal and group dynamics.
Organizational Savvy - Is sensitive to how people and organization’s function. Anticipates land mines and plans approach accordingly. Deals comfortably with organizational politics. Knows who has power, respect, and influence. Steers through the organizational maze to get things done.
Strategic Mindset - Anticipates future trends and implications accurately. Readily poses future scenarios. Articulates credible pictures and visions of possibilities that will create value. Creates competitive and breakthrough strategies that show a clear connection between vision and action.
Builds Effective Teams - Forms teams with appropriate and diverse mix of styles, perspectives, and experience. Establishes common objectives and a shared mindset. Creates a feeling of belonging and strong team morale. Shares wins and rewards team efforts. Fosters open dialogue and collaboration among the team.
Drives Vision and Purpose - Talks about future possibilities in a positive way. Creates milestones and symbols to rally support behind the vision. Articulates the vision in a way everyone can relate to. Creates organization-wide energy and optimism for the future. Shows personal commitment to the vision.