The Customer Success Manager (CSM) role focuses on maximizing customer value and accelerated adoption of their CDW supported solutions. This role coordinates across sales, pre-sales, services, and channel teams to lead customer success strategies. The incumbent analyzes the environment including customer expectations and business goals as well as the customer's technology requirements to define and guide the actions to be performed in the solution lifecycle.
The CSM develops and maintains strategic relationships to influence service adoption, service expansion and engagement lifecycle. Throughout the customer journey they aim to achieve a post sales trusted advisor relationship with set customer base.
The CSM is expected to be a subject matter expert in multiple families of technology solutions.
The incumbent in this role operates independently using standard approaches, existing tools, templates, and resources; shares knowledge and information that may benefit the team.
The Customer Success Manager is responsible for driving the adoption and value realization of solutions for CDW’s most strategic customers. The primary objectives include customer health, retention, and expansion – all while delivering a world class customer experience.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Establish a trusted/strategic advisor relationship with each assigned customer and drive continued value of our solutions.
- Specific identification of phased upsell and cross sell opportunities of solutions and services, as well as CDW services.
- Manage the overall and ongoing relationship with multiple customers through proactive, open, responsive, and collaborative account management.
- Ability to orchestrate and gain strong buy-in with multiple external and internal teams and be highly connected to solution Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) throughout the customer’s lifecycle.
- Work with clients to establish critical goals, or other key performance indicators and aid the customer in achieving their goals.
- Develop and deliver ‘success plans’ to key customers identifying stakeholders, milestones, metrics, and risks inherent in an implementation.
- Engage with customer executives and other influential stakeholders to identify, define, track and measure the overall impact of your aligned solutions to an organization.
- Facilitate frequent customer consultations to strengthen relationships, conduct gap analysis, report on usage & lead value realization discussions.
- Establish a common understanding with the customer for the ROI they are receiving from CDW provided solutions as the strategy is executed.
- Measure and report the impact of the offerings currently in place, so that the customer and CDW have a common understanding of the value they are receiving toward achieving their expected outcomes.
- Act as ‘Voice of the Customer’ to advocate customer needs/issues cross-departmentally and vendor partners as appropriate.
- Demonstrates advanced insights and understanding of customers business/industry.
- Develop adoption strategy for new products / features.
- Strive to continually drive faster “time to value” and improve overall experience for our customers.
- Leverage CDW solutions and services to drive scale and efficiency internally and with customers to promote collective success.
- Partner with the sales organization in select competitive sales cycles to drive revenue opportunities in existing account base.
- Drive renewals across assigned customer base.
- Ensure customers are actively participating as a reference in support of the field winning new business.
- Internal project participation.
- Skilled in usage and implementation of tools and processes leveraged in the Customer Success role.
- Process Improvement: Continually look for ways to improve processes.
- Share experience and knowledge of the role with peers and colleagues to foster their growth and development to enhance the organization’s ability to deliver value to our customers.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in IT, Business or a related field or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of experience (dependent on specified Partner line of business/technology area) in IT relationship management, project management or account management of multiple customers
- 2 years of experience working with customers in the specified Partner line of business in an Account Management, Pre-Sales, or Customer
- Success role or equivalent experience
- Prior experience in Customer Success or equivalent history of increasing customer satisfaction, adoption, and retention
- Customer Success certification (industry leading)
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written. Includes handling IT terminology with diverse customer audiences
- Ability to balance multiple priorities simultaneously and adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines
- Ability to work well with teams and independently
- Demonstrates a high degree of organization with solid attention to detail with a penchant for accuracy
- Develop and maintain positive working relationship with all internal clients and contacts
- Ability to communicate with coworkers at all levels in the organization
- Strong analytical skills with a proven ability to proactively collaborate and build relationships, take initiative, and creatively problem solve
- Ability to continually learn new technology and to keep pace with an ever-changing industry
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 10% or as needed to other CDW locations or client sites
- Ability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information.
- Ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology.
- Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize.
- Ability to apply common sense in performing job.
- Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines.
- Ability to understand and resolve issues and escalations appropriately.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency in technology, software and licensing programs
- Sales and/or technical certifications specific to the Technology or Partner line of business
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- PMP and/or Project Management experiences
- End-user experience with SalesForce CRM
- Experience with Gainsight or like Customer Success toolset