Fueled by our shared passion and expertise, CDW delivers innovative technology solutions for our customers. We’re also committed to fostering an environment that embraces collaboration, celebrates integrity, inclusivity, and individuality, and paves the path for personal and professional growth. Experience a life in balance and join us on the journey forward.
Join CDW and help protect delivery of full stack technology solutions and global services for 250K+ customers—including corporate enterprise, government, education, and healthcare industries. You will be on a team dedicated to collaborative delivery of a new global information security strategy, operating model, and objectives to accelerate CDW’s business goals in a secure way.
Your role at CDW is of the utmost importance to the company’s mission, objectives, and reputation. As a Senior Security Engineer, you will play a key role in enhancing CDW’s cybersecurity posture. The team you are joining partners within, and across, Agile teams to design, develop, implement, and support security solutions, with a focus on security, compliance, and quality. You will have an opportunity to work in all aspects of security from security information and event management.(SIEM) to privilege access management to network security, cloud, endpoint security, and more.
What you will do:
- Design, deploy, and maintain Splunk infrastructure to collect, analyze, and correlate security event data.
- Develop and optimize Splunk queries, dashboards, and reports to extract meaningful insights from large datasets.
- Monitor and fine-tune Splunk performance for optimal efficiency.
- Collaborate with security analysts and incident responders to enhance detection capabilities and response times.
- Implement and enforce privileged access management (PAM) policies in alignment with security policies and industry standards.
- Implement and manage endpoint security solutions to protect against malware, ransomware, and other threats.
- Assess and enhance network security controls, including firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, and network segmentation.
- Continuously evaluate current-state processes and implementations, identifying opportunities for further optimization, and acting upon those opportunities, where appropriate.
- Provide training and knowledge transfer to junior team members and other relevant stakeholders.
- Work closely with architecture and engineering teams to integrate security solutions seamlessly.
- Work on and prioritize multiple, concurrent projects while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Who you are:
- You thrive on making an impact—for the team, your company, and the industry.
- You are extremely hands-on with a passion for technology.
- You do not accept the status-quo, and always strive to improve.
- You are eager to learn and seek professional development continuously.
- You are resourceful, open-minded, analytical and enjoy solving complex problems.
- You are diligent and self-motivated.
What we expect of you:
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in a security engineering role with a focus on Splunk, privilege access management, network security, and endpoint security.
- Strong understanding of cybersecurity principles, best practices, and emerging trends.
- Hands-on experience in incident response, threat hunting, and security operations.
- Track record of successfully implementing and managing security solutions in enterprise environments.
- Familiarity with scripting languages (e.g., Python, PowerShell) for automation and integration.
- Strong problem solving and collaboration skills with demonstrated ability to explain complex technical concepts to a variety of audiences for the understanding of all involved.
- Ability to work collaboratively to identify and solve problems.
- Dedication to continuous improvement, security process engineering, and operational excellence.
- Experience with modern development tools and techniques, including agile development, DevOps, secure coding, and automation.
We make technology work so people can do great things.
CDW is a Fortune 500 technology solutions provider to business, government, education, and healthcare organizations across the globe. At CDW, we make it happen, together. Trust, connection and commitment are at the heart of how we work together to deliver for our customers. It’s why we’re coworkers, not just employees. Coworkers who genuinely believe in supporting our customers and one another. We collectively forge our path forward with a level of commitment that speaks to who we are and where we’re headed. We’re your long-term, full-stack, full-lifecycle technology partner. We have the experience, expertise, scale, relationships and deep industry knowledge to bring just about any vision to life. Together, we can deliver the full promise of what technology can do. Together, we Make Amazing Happen.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.