Fueled by our shared passion and expertise, CDW delivers innovative technology solutions for our customers. We’re also committed to fostering an environment that embraces collaboration, celebrates integrity, inclusivity, and individuality, and paves the path for personal and professional growth. Experience a life in balance and join us on the journey forward.
The Sr. Manager of Strategic Programs will be responsible for leading the overall Project delivery process. This individual will provide leadership, administration, decision-support, and facilitation of strategic technology projects for extended periods of time. The individual will support the planning and execution of initiatives within the portfolio, working with all departments and partnered stakeholders to analyze, redefine, and monitor activities to ensure maximum efficiency in support of our goals.
What you will do:
- Lead strategic projects initiated by the SLT and approved by the Director of Portfolio Management
- Responsible for ensuring consistent development, execution and reporting in-line with department SOP and best practices.
- Responsible for tracking the delivery of Agile objectives and communicating the in-process status to the portfolio team.
- Enforce governance policies and materials to support consolidation across stakeholders.
- Track metrics and KPIs across portfolios to report team performance, budget spending and benefit realization.
- Manage the internal customer engagement process to align expectations with results delivery.
- Manage the risk register for strategic programs and Agile release trains – work with the portfolio team to track and mitigate risks.
- Responsible for the coordination and completion the roadmaps for aligned functional and product teams.
- Enhance the Release Train Engineer function to drive enhanced program performance (cycle time, burn up tracking, etc.) across business value streams.
- Develop and support stakeholder communication processes for project-level status and other communication required to support successful delivery and management of business expectations.
- Monitor projects on an ongoing basis, evaluating progress and quality, managing issue resolution process, and taking corrective action as necessary.
- Monitor financial delivery and issue management processes, escalating issues and variances to budgets where necessary.
What we expect of you:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience, master’s degree in a related field is preferred. Certification or progress toward certification is highly preferred and encouraged.
- 10+ years of technical project/ program management with marketing, supply chain, sales or finance experience
- History of implementing or enhancing SaaS solutions for a Professional Services business
- 7+ years of team management or large program experience
- Highly skilled in developing, publishing, and presenting executive level slide decks and reports. Expert knowledge is required.
- Strong strategic and executional leader
- History of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize across a wide range of efforts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with stakeholders at all levels.
- History of building and maintaining productive working relationships
- Strong conflict resolution skills with the ability to be persuasive and hold partners and coworkers accountable.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Attract, build, and mentor a talent pool that builds bench strength and allows for succession planning.
- Experience with Certinia for Professional Services, using ServiceNow for project management, SAFe (Scaled Agile For Enterprise), Business to Business marketplace and, experience in the technology industry, is a plus.
We make technology work so people can do great things.
CDW is a Fortune 500 technology solutions provider to business, government, education, and healthcare organizations across the globe. At CDW, we make it happen, together. Trust, connection and commitment are at the heart of how we work together to deliver for our customers. It’s why we’re coworkers, not just employees. Coworkers who genuinely believe in supporting our customers and one another. We collectively forge our path forward with a level of commitment that speaks to who we are and where we’re headed. We’re your long-term, full-stack, full-lifecycle technology partner. We have the experience, expertise, scale, relationships and deep industry knowledge to bring just about any vision to life. Together, we can deliver the full promise of what technology can do. Together, we Make Amazing Happen.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.