The CDW Corporate Strategy Group will develop and drive targeted short- and long-term strategic plans and projects to optimize CDW’s market position and maximize value extraction across technologies, partners, segments, and competitors.
The Manager Strategy drives strategic projects that accelerate business decision making, revenue growth, and profitability. The coworker researches, analyzes and recommends courses of action that directly contribute to project outcomes. The Manager Strategy analyzes industry trends, competitive threats, expansion opportunities and internal performance and develops data-driven insights for delivery to an executive/Board level audience. The Manager Strategy works collaboratively across various CDW organizations to help secure commitment for cross-company efforts.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Utilize rigorous analytical approach to develop and implement department-specific and cross-company strategic plans.
- Identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and alternatives to drive growth in sales, profitability, and productivity.
- Research and prioritize new offerings, new lines of business and opportunities to enhance existing lines of business.
- Identify and evaluate potential inorganic growth alternatives including mergers, acquisitions, and joint ventures.
- Work collaboratively with Sales, Marketing, SSS, Finance, and PPM and provide a value added support role in their strategic planning process and activities.
- Track the success of strategy implementation through regular reporting (e.g., scorecard).
- Conducts assessment of technology, customer and IT ecosystem trends to identify and prioritize strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities.
- Assists Executive Leadership in developing alternatives (financial and business) and recommendations to drive growth in sales, profitability, and productivity.
- Continuously enhances broad knowledge of IT technology and ecosystem to support strategic planning activities.
- Supports and communicates on the execution of long-term strategic plan with business leaders.
- Assists in the development of deliverables for annual board or director summit meetings, quarterly.
- Collaborates to develop and deliver presentations and reports to communicate insights and strategies to all levels of management.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5 years of experience in Strategy, Finance, Consulting, Sales and/or Marketing or MBA, MA, or PHD with 2 years of managerial consulting experience
Other Required Qualifications
- Demonstrated problem solving ability, including strong conceptual and analytical skills with the ability to turn findings into executable business plans
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written with an ability to influence business decisions at all levels of the organization
- Proven experience leading cross functional teams to documented results
- Ability to multitask and adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Track record in overseeing and executing projects.
- Sound financial background with experience in Financial Analysis, Financial Planning, and Operations Finance.
- Familiar with a variety of strategic planning concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Business, Finance, Research or relevant field
- 3 years of management experience
- 2 years consulting or investment banking experience at a top-tier firm
- Experience working in or with IT channel including Value Added Reseller, Consultant, Managed Services Provider, Distributor or Systems Integrator