The Analytics & Insights team is passionate about creating a story out of insights, research, and performance data. This team serves as the expert of CDW solutions and customers, providing research and insights to marketing, sales, S3, and PPM. They will develop research and performance analysis to drive strategic decision-making and planning to create more targeted, relevant messaging and improve ROI. They must understand how CDW solutions are applicable in the marketplace and act as the conduit between the CDW and its customers. This team’s insights, research, and data will be used to develop the contact, channel, and campaign strategies.
The Manager of Data Science is accountable for driving the R&D arm of the analytics, modeling, and reporting activities, as well as the development of data strategy and governance. This leader understands the analytical needs across CDW departments and sets the agenda for the R&D initiatives accordingly.
Reporting to the Performance Analytics Lead, this Manager is responsible for maintaining a “best in class” data science team for the organization.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Oversees the execution of business analytics to identify competitive analysis, industry benchmarks, and drive business planning.
- Manages market insight information in ways that positively influence sales and marketing strategies.
- Applies advanced knowledge and draws conclusions in the analysis/research around opportunities/strategies, sales retention opportunities and market demographics utilizing internal/external market intelligence.
- Responsible for developing data strategy and governance. Oversees data quality, accessibility, and documentation.
- Responsible for developing CDW’s marketing analytics R&D roadmap and leading analytics innovation across departments.
- Acts as the ambassador of data-driven decision making by managing a persistent test & learn environment.
- Responsible for providing critical business support through the development and deployment of advanced statistical analyses and models.
- Collaborates with cross-functional leaders to stimulate “best in class” analyses and models.
- Oversees the analysis and interpretation of data/reports of activities to assist with the consultation of market-specific opportunities, analytics and trends, and investment of dollars.
- Accountable for the compilation, preparation, and translation of complicated data into simple, high level information for leadership.
- Provide leadership to individuals on team(s) through coaching, feedback, development goals, and performance management.
- Manage a team of coworkers including performance management, coaching and development.
- Prioritize, assign and manage department activities and projects in accordance with departmental goals and objectives. Adjust hours of work, priorities and staff assignments to ensure efficient operation, based on workload.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 5 years of increasing experience in a combination of data science, analytics, statistics, computer science, software development, operations research, engineering, computational finance.
Other Required Qualifications
- Demonstrated development of customer data marts to support business decisions.
- History of successfully working with or managing a technical team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with and present to all stakeholders, including senior leadership.
- Proven track record of developing innovative statistical analyses.
- Highly proficient in developing algorithms and models in R, Python, MATLAB, C, C++, Java, or another similar language.
- Working knowledge of database development or management and relational structure.
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships cross-functionally and with external stakeholders.
- History of being a cross-functional liaison (preferably between IT & Marketing/Sales organizations).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Analytics, Mathematics, Physics, Economics, Computational Finance, Statistics, Operations Research.
- 3 years of management experience.
- 1 year of experience working within a Big Data platform.