This job posting is no longer active
The Manager of Strategic Solutions and Services (S3) Capability assumes a key role in growing CDW’s business by managing, implementing, and evaluating best-in-class organizational and learning development strategies. These strategies are critical in addressing the technology solutions industry challenges and the needs of a highly talented, geographically dispersed workforce.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Work with stakeholders to assess skill and performance gaps in meeting business objectives.
- Design and develop custom programs to drive organizational effectiveness.
- Assess and validate competency models that form the foundation for skill development and career coaching.
- Focus on customer needs (end user, solution architect, engineer, etc.) and ensure the continual alignment of training projects with those needs.
- Work with solutions segments, marketing, and subject matter experts to learn about roles, assess skill sets required, and determine success criteria.
Working stakeholders, propose and agree project goals, approach, resources & responsibilities, interdependencies, timing and success measures.
- Develop work plan and manage project to meet agreed milestones. Communicate progress, solicit and incorporate feedback, and ensure alignment for successful delivery. Routinely interfaces with senior management in understanding business goals and to generate buy-in for initiatives / programs
- Drive small and large scale organizational design and process management.
- Apply change acceleration tools and techniques to business issues.
- Partner with the CWS Business Partner team to develop and effectively implement state-of-the art programs and services.
- Align and integrate talent management initiatives with company and Coworker Services strategies.
- Analyze and interpret business data/trends impacting performance including program evaluation, talent data, assessments, evaluations, engagement and business performance. Present insights as support for solutions recommendations.
Keep current of learning, performance and effectiveness programs and practices to ensure that CDW’s strategies and initiatives provide a competitive edge.
Provide guidance to business partners on effectively assessing talent, development and coaching, as well as building bench strength.
Lead process improvement and productivity efforts in area of responsibility.
Other Required Qualifications
History of developing strategies and solutions across functional, geographic and organizational boundaries.
Working experience designing, developing and implementing new programs to meet business goals.
Excellent project manager. Driven to meet deadlines. Track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business.
Calm under pressure and resilient when faced with change in direction or challenges.
Strong strategy and execution skills with the ability to creatively problem solve.
Demonstrated ability to influence and gain support from stakeholders.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
Understanding of a B2B environment
Demonstrated ability to coach and develop others.
- MBA or Masters degree in Organizational Development or Human Resources.
- Demonstrated ability to transform transaction organizations to solution based environments.
Job Category: Human Resources
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 25%