This job posting is no longer active
The Manager, Revenue Accounting manages the company’s revenue accounting function which supports proper revenue recognition for CDW worldwide. This position manages monthly revenue activities, performs analysis and accounting research around revenue transactions, maintains sound internal controls and policies and procedures in support of revenue recognition, works with external and internal auditors and performs special projects on an as needed basis.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Manages a team of professionals that includes their coaching, development and performance management.
- Develops and maintains revenue recognition policies and procedures for CDW worldwide.
- Performs accounting research on unusual or complex revenue transactions and determine the appropriate accounting, focusing on areas such as allocation of sales dollars, discounts, vendor-specific objective evidence requirements, and overall economics. Liaise with CDW’s external reporting team on the more complex transactions.
- Assists in the design, execution and evaluation of revenue controls as well as interfacing with both internal and external auditors.
- Implements new systems, or support changes to existing systems, as they relate to revenue recognition.
- Works to operationalize new revenue recognition policies and procedures once developed.
- Works with CDW’s sales organization to provide guidance on deal structure while maintaining adherence to revenue recognition policies and procedures.
- Manages / performs procedures associated with revenue accounting including:
- Daily review of sales for proper revenue recognition, both at a “gross vs. net” level and at “product line” level.
- Review and perform relative value accounting (i.e., services vs. tangible products).
- Review and perform deferred revenue accounting.
- Ability to look in detail into various systems (AS400, changepoint, Zuora, EDW, etc.) to look at sales by customer over periods of time.
- Preparation of revenue recognition summaries and other reports related to areas of responsibility. Example includes reporting on low or negative margin sales or orders.
- Formal documentation of material revenue transactions.
- Review and approve journal entries and account reconciliations, as needed.
Serves as a technical resource to other areas of the Company as it relates to revenue recognition.
Maintains compliance with all internal control procedures surrounding revenue accounting, including preparation of documentation to support revenue accounting policies.
Supports the Company’s external auditors performing quarterly reviews and the annual audit.
Performs ad hoc reporting and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- 6 years of accounting experience.
- 1 years of management experience.
Other Required Qualifications
- Proficient knowledge of GAAP and SOX controls and requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency in balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Solid financial analysis skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport and maintain productive working relationships cross-functionally.
- Big 4 accounting firm experience.
- Experience with ERP packages, including PeopleSoft general ledger, and other analytical tools such as Hyperion/Essbase, Cognos, etc.
Job Category: Finance
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 0%