This job posting is no longer active
The Business Process Assurance (BPA) Audit Manager will be responsible for coordinating and delivering internal audit services as part of the BPA team and interfacing with coworkers, third party internal audit providers and external auditors in their delivery of services. An integral part of this role is to provide advice on internal control to management and recommendations for business process enhancements.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Plan, organize and execute on operational, financial, regulatory and compliance related internal audits and assessments.
- Perform audit procedures to verify that controls are operating through testing and analysis and conclude on control effectiveness and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Serve as a consultative advisor to internal stakeholders to ensure timely and consistent implementation of controls and business process enhancements.
- Oversee and manage completion of SOX business controls testing by third party internal audit resources.
- Coordinate and interface with external auditors to facilitate the delivery and analysis of audit information and results.
- Provide management with proper context of potential exposure and business impact due to control weaknesses.
- Management of SOX, internal audit engagements and special projects.
- Work with the business owners across various functions to recommend enhancements and prioritize new processes designed to reduce costs, increase productivity and establish best practice benchmarks.
- Participate in Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) process, and support the audit planning process.
- Participate in enhancing internal audit standards and practices within BPA.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- Certification required (Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or any other internal audit related certifications)
- 6 years of internal audit experience
- 4 years of management experience
Other Required Qualifications
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley and its application to financial reporting and business process/operational controls.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Strong background in identifying risks, controls and opportunities for improvements associated with business processes, developing and executing audit test plans, and drafting audit reports with summary results for executives.
- Strong project management experience with history of balancing competing priorities and ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships.
- Public Accounting, Big 4 or regional audit firm experience desirable
- PeopleSoft controls experience desirable
Job Category: Finance
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 0%