The Sr. Sales Analyst analyzes and interprets sales performance by segment (business area, customer type, brand level, etc.) and provides recommendations on areas of opportunity to the Management Team including Senior Leaders. This role focuses on providing rich and actionable insights on sales data to increase productivity and effectiveness of the Sales Organization.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Summarize analysis learnings, package, and present insights to share with VP's and executive level management
- Evaluate ways to improve processes to streamline data delivery
- Complete complex data analysis projects to support various company initiatives
- Design, develop, and implement predictive reports for the Sales Leadership Team
- Design and produce sales reports on a weekly/monthly/quarterly basis and support requests for ad-hoc analysis by members of the Leadership Team
- Report data using Cognos and Pyramid Analytics in an Enterprise Data Warehouse environment
- Work closely with key Sales Leaders on a regular basis for business monitoring in addition to helping to advise on strategic issues
- Assess various sales force strategies throughout the year
- Serve as a consultant to the business, providing guidance around CDW’s sales data and Enterprise Data Warehouse
- Perform usage analysis of our BI software and provide key findings to directors and VPs
Other Required Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Math or other related major. MBA preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience effectively presenting to executives (examples of written communication to be provided)
- Strong editorial skills with acute attention to detail (will be tested)
- Strong process improvement skills. Six Sigma certification preferred.
- 5+ years analyst experience with sales analysis or support, financial analysis, econometrics, or statistics
- Expert-level Excel skills (will be tested)
- Cognos, Pyramid Analytics, or other analytical or business intelligence tool experience
- Project management experience. PMP certification preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze large volumes of raw data, draw conclusions, and develops actionable recommendations.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- History of balancing multiple time-sensitive priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong cross functional relationships
- Self-starter with ability to work independently with little supervision
- Proficient in Microsoft Office application
- SQL Server Management experience
- Data warehouse experience