This job posting is no longer active
Are you looking to gain experience in Supply Chain Management for a Fortune 200 Information Technology company? CDW is the "real world" experience you're looking for. We want fresh, youthful minds to work (and play) with some of the smartest, most creative, hardest working people in their fields.
As an intern within the Supply Chain Management team, we are seeking an extensive undergraduate background in Industrial Engineering to complete core activities and projects across the department and actively participate in several group projects which will be presented to general and executive audiences. We will give you the opportunity to work directly with other coworkers to collaborate on projects that directly affect the business. We are looking for an analytical, dedicated, hard-working individual to specialize in management of the process cycles at CDW.
KEY AREAS OF CONTRIBUTION
The Supply Chain Engineering Internship position provides an excellent opportunity for college students passionate about a career in the supply chain field to gain valuable experience through a summer internship. The internship provides hands on experience in a variety of engineering activity settings with the expectation that the successful intern will aid in the completion of core activities and projects across the engineering department.
- Cross-collaborate with coworkers to determine best process to ensure timely and efficient completion of tasks.
- You will assist the operations team with data retrieval to drive informed decision-making.
- As a Supply Chain Intern, build queries to support Root Cause analysis and reduce defects.
- Get the opportunity to utilize process mapping tools (Visio) to update current process maps flow diagrams.
- You will learn how to use process maps to identify “waste.”
- Conduct time studies and summarize data to be used in the Performance Management Program.
- You will validate outcomes through further observations of warehouse work functions.
- Participate in observations in all areas of the warehouse operation facility.
- Understand the App that is used to lead this program and provide insights on the design.
- Learn and help deliver how we use LEAN in the warehouse to front line supervisors.
- Participate in the delivery of engineering tools to the management team.
- Currently enrolled in as a junior or first semester senior at a full-time college/university for Industrial Engineering as of June 2018.
- Ability to travel for one week of the summer to CDW’s Las Vegas warehouse. All expenses covered by CDW.
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Statistical data analytics in any of the following formats: Excel, Microsoft Access, SQL series.
- Self-motivated and driven to get results and make an impact while utilizing strong written and verbal skills to communicate effectively.
- Shown resourcefulness with creative analytical skills.
- Track record of stabilizing multiple priorities at a time while adapting to the changing needs of the business
- Shown customer service skills with the ability to maintain confidentiality of all partners involved.
- Team oriented; develops good relationships with coworkers and other partners involved.
- Time management; showcases ability to meet deadlines.
- Microsoft Office; proficient in applications and delivery of information.
Job Category: Summer Intern
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 0%