This job posting is no longer active
The Business Development Senior Strategist develops and executes upon strategic plans to expand and enhance business opportunities within select agencies or accounts within the Civilian segment, specifically Dept. of Justice, Dept. of Homeland Security and Veteran Affairs. This individual generates new business through various business development activities including identifying and strategically targeting contracts (BPAs, IDIQs, et al), mentoring inside sales and field sales teams prospecting, networking and building executive-level relationships in targeted agencies and their relevant system integration partners. Business Development Strategist acts as a mentor for junior members of the team and serves as escalation point.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develops and regularly updates formal opportunity review, including but not limited to strategic account plans, capture strategy, win themes, RFP preparation, gap analysis and strategy to overcome identified obstacles for target opportunities.
- Presents progress on opportunities and results of efforts to Sales Leaders on a monthly basis
- Develops relationships with teaming partners and uses those relationships to strengthen CDW’s brand with key customers
- Analyzes opportunities and provides leadership with various options and the best strategy to secure large program wins
- Works closely with multiple stakeholders at the customer to influence the final requirements of the target opportunity, including executives, program leads, project leads, technical experts and procurement
- Works closely with various stakeholders throughout the company including inside sales teams, field sales, sales management, program management, finance, counsel, services team, solution architects, etc.
- Identifies potential business partners (OEM’s, Primes, Subcontractors, etc.).
- Participates as a subject matter expert in conjunction with sales leaders throughout the proposal process. Secures/prepares certain proposal elements, such as past performance and diverse business inclusion plans, in anticipation of RFP requirements
- Represents company at external business networking opportunities, conferences and events
- Attends customer onsite meetings, business reviews, and industry days, for target agencies and programs
- Coordinates with appropriate resources to execute necessary legal and financial agreements, such as NDA’s and Teaming Agreements prior to RFP release.
- Negotiates advantageous workshare for CDW-G
- Assists Program Management team with contract launch and sales team education for target contracts to maximize sales potential and contract utilization
- Develops partner-facing business plans to secure advantageous pricing or appointment to contracts
- Drives incremental revenue and profit growth through contract wins and strategic sales initiatives.
- Identifies trends in customer purchasing patterns and enacts specific plans to help sales teams capture a greater share of business
- Identifies key contract opportunities and maintains a 5-year pipeline
- Participates in annual planning sessions
- Articulates value proposition to partners and customers
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in business development/sales role in technology field
- Minimum 7 years’ experience selling to Civilian clients
Other Required Qualifications
- Strong understanding of the Civilian market
- Experience with Shipley, Miller Heiman or other sales methodologies
- Proven ability to influence across all functions of an organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Highly organized with the ability to coordinate and orchestrate cross-functional teams
- Strong analytical and planning skills and creative thinking
- Demonstrated collaboration behavior with excellent facilitation and negotiation skills
- Strong problem solving skills with demonstrated ability to find solutions while working independently.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, peers and coworkers.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities/projects, meet deadlines, facilitate change and delegate responsibility
- Travel 25% or more
Job Category: Specialty Sales
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 25%