This job posting is no longer active
The Manager, Financial Planning, compiles and reviews the financial plan and financial forecasts of CDW Corporation, along with all subsidiaries. This position is responsible for financial planning and analytical support for business partners and provides senior management information through quarterly business performance reporting. The Manager provides leadership, direction, and management to the financial planning team.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Deliver monthly and quarterly reporting and analysis for business partners, the Executive Committee and the CDW board of directors.
- Provide critical financial analysis relating to the annual operating plan, including advising business partners regarding reporting framework, guidelines and assumptions.
- Provide hands-on guidance with budgeting and planning activities including working with sophisticated financial models, performing sensitivity analysis and forecasting.
- Collaborate with business segment leadership to analyze and assess current and future business and financial risks, opportunities and requirements.
- Deliver financial analysis with recommendations for action to senior management about emerging financial and strategic issues as well as those relating to new business activities.
- Manage financial planning staff; providing leadership guidance and development opportunities to increase skill set and overall business, system and interpersonal aptitude.
- Lead the annual planning process through the timely and accurate production of planning process.
- Develop and implement methods and techniques to improve forecasting, financial evaluations and analyses, financial processes and system functionality.
- Analyze monthly and quarterly results against budget, forecasts and prior periods to ensure the reasons for variances are fully understood, making recommendations for actions where needed and updating forecasting methodology to reduce variances to expectations.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6 years in a finance role or internal candidates with 5 years finance/accounting experience
- 1 year previous management experience
Other Required Qualifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external stakeholders, including senior leadership.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of accounting and finance principles and practices with ability to apply them in a business analysis situation.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills with critical attention to detail.
- Track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business, while meeting deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications with strong experience in Excel.
- Proven track record in problem analysis with the ability to creatively and proactively problem solve.
- Track record of identifying process improvements, and making appropriate recommendations.
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to influence stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport and maintain productive working relationships cross-functionally.
- Proven supervisory skills.
- Successful history of building financial models.
Job Category: Finance
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 0%