This job posting is no longer active
The Sales Instructor and Coach facilitates training and coaching for new sales coworkers and specific developmental skill and strategy sets. This position collaborates with the Sales Capability and Sales management teams to implement a first-class onboarding program that supports CDW’s strategies and business goals. This role is involved in the design, development, and implementation of organizational improvement solutions for the Sales Academy.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Facilitate training and coaching sessions for Account Representatives in the Sales
- Academy, which may include, but are not limited to:
- Skill and strategy sessions
- Just-in-time, 1-on-1 and small group coaching
- Systems – SPS & AS400
- Coach new Account Representatives to develop and refine required skills. Assess in individual needs of participants in programs and work with local sales leadership to develop an individual plan to meet identified needs.
- Ensure successful daily program execution including; classroom management, maintenance of all necessary training and development records, testing and measurement processes, self-paced learning, e-learning, partner training.
- Assist in designing and developing established curriculum and materials. Deliver instructional materials, performance improvement solutions, change management strategies, and/or technical or sales learning solutions that meet business and stakeholder expectations.
- Actively participate in organizational effectiveness strategy projects
- Serve as a key point-of-contact for onboarding solution needs across sales management and other departments.
- Provide ongoing program and feedback and communication updates to stakeholders.
- Develop, manage, and execute project management strategies to ensure effective resource allocation, commitment from project team members, timeliness, and attainment of business requirements.
- Manage scheduling, participant materials, instructor materials, and other resources. Ensure just-in-time access and seamless program execution including; classroom management, maintenance of all necessary training and development records, testing and measurement processes, self paced learning, e-learning, partner training.
- Monitor new hire performance, address performance issues, deliver constructive feedback and develop recommendations for improvement.
- Continuously develop facilitation, instructional design, project management, and organizational development skills based on leading edge concepts.
- Collaborate with the Sales Management Team to share best practices and support the sales department initiatives.
- Participate on project teams to design and develop participant and instructional materials.
- Identify opportunities for continuous program improvement and establish business case recommendations for changes.
- Maintain an awareness of developments in the learning and development field to ensure that CDW continues to take advantage of best practices.
- Up to 20% travel.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 3 years experience as a CDW Account Manager or 3 years experience facilitating sales and technical training.
Other Required Qualifications
- Demonstrated sales ability.
- Strong creative problem solving and solution skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders.
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills.
- History of working with sales organizations to increase revenue and profit performance.
- Demonstrated facilitation experience with a successful track record of increasing participants knowledge, performance and effectiveness.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain productive and collaborative relationships cross-functionally.
- Aptitude for new concepts and technologies with the ability to quickly put them into practical use.
- Track record of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Previous sales experience.
- Ability to coach and mentor
- Knowledge of the Technology Industry
Job Category: Human Resources
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 10%