This job posting is no longer active
The Configuration Center Associate Engineer is responsible for configuring enterprise level hardware and software installations, and demonstrating hands-on practical knowledge of advanced configurations. Additionally, this role will also assist with complex networking orders and quality control to ensure orders are configured to the correct standards.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Oversee and troubleshoot complex network configuration orders and assist technicians as needed.
- Provide order updates to Account Managers and customers. Escalate issues to member(s) of management.
- Update order record systems.
- Assist the Configuration Engineer with defining build processes, educating Sales concerning configuration delivery processes and working with management to plan and organize customer rollouts.
- Perform quality checks on network-related orders which includes, following custom checklists, troubleshooting problematic orders, inspecting devices for physical damage and software integrity as well as verifying the overall quality of the installation.
- Complete complex networking configurations and update all stakeholders on the process.
- Act as a technical resource in assisting other technicians to resolve problems.
- Provide exceptional sales support for customer projects, educates customers and Account Managers in new technology, products & services, builds vendor relationships and engages Account Managers and Services Specialists regarding complex configuration orders.
- The general work hours will be 8:00 am to 11:00 pm
- It may be necessary on occasion for this individual to work beyond their regularly scheduled shift
- Overtime is to be expected and in some cases may be required
- Stand and/or walk in combination for the duration of the workday
- Frequent lifting is required, as well as some stooping, kneeling and crouching
- Complete projects and tasks assigned by management
Additional Responsibilities for Pre-Sales and Support Team
- Maintain all aspects of the imaging environment, including asset management hardware and services, Symantec Solution Suites, server applications, SQL database, scheduled tape backups and other advanced imaging solutions
- Provide exceptional sales support for customer projects, troubleshoot network software and hardware issues, update image servers and document issues & resolutions
- Research new technologies, including hardware and software capabilities, create process documents, maintain web forms & documentation and develop streamlined process improvements
- Upload and maintain customer images to the image servers as necessary
- Maintain the asset tag printing devices, update image files as necessary
- Conduct cost analysis on service solutions
- Conduct client tours, customer-facing calls and meetings
- High School diploma or GED.
- A+ certification
- Network+ certification
- 3rd certification (Security +, Linux +, Server +, or comparable certification)
- Minimum of one Admin level certification, one Engineer level certification, or an equivalent combination of education and a minimum of two years of experience with the ability to demonstrate knowledge.
Other Required Qualifications
- Ability to troubleshoot computer systems and peripherals, including; identifying hardware incompatibilities on multiple platforms and assisting other Technicians in solving configuration issues
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong verbal and written communication skills demonstrated by proper email grammar and etiquette as well as clear and concise method of communicating verbally
- Ability to communicate to all levels of coworkers and managers
- Ability to maintain and create technical documentation for the enterprise-level customers
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Ability to quickly learn about new technology and keep pace with an ever-changing industry.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with management, peers, coworkers, vendors and customers.
- Demonstrate ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds of force rarely (0-12%% of the workday). The team lift system must be utilized for loads weighing more than 50 pounds.
- Demonstrate ability to push and pull up to 50 pounds of force occasionally (0-33% of the workday), and 51-75 pounds rarely (0-12% of the workday).
- Demonstrate ability to perform eight or more hours of standing, walking, bending, lifting, stooping and carrying products in combination at any given time.
- Ability to work in a warehouse environment which includes changes in temperature as weather fluctuates, noise from conveyors and forklifts.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- One of the following CompTia Certifications: Server+, Security+, Linux+
- One of the following vendor certifications: MCSA, RHCT, CCNA
- Engineer level certification (MCSE, RHCE, VCP, CCNP)
- Preferred Qualifications for Internal Applicants only:
- Worked in Internal Services for a minimum of 6 months or equivalent
- Knowledge of CDW’s internal systems (6 months experience) demonstrated by the ability to perform order status inquires and updating order comments
Job Category: Hardware
Job Type: Full-Time