This job posting is no longer active
The role of the Field Solutions Executive is to drive product gross profit (GP) and services revenue in a balanced portfolio for IBM Systems and Storage by:
- Developing an understanding and capability to position CDW Advanced Technology Solutions in key areas including Advanced Server and Storage Solutions (Virtualization, Optimization and Services offerings). The Field Solutions Executive, in conjunction with pre-sales resources (i.e. Solution Architect), will perform requirements gathering and will lead the efforts to deliver hardware and software proposals.
- Positioning the value of the CDW Advanced Technology services engagement methodology will be key to the success in positioning Systems and Storage Solutions and will lead to success in maximizing -Product GP. The Field Solutions Executive will coordinate and lead the efforts to develop requirements and deliver customer Statements of Work around all services engagements.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Exceed product revenue and profit goal consistently while attaining high customer satisfaction
- Exceed services revenue and gross margin targets consistently while attaining high customer satisfaction
- Establish and maintain strong partnerships with vendor partners
- Increase awareness of CDW's value proposition within assigned accounts through regular and consistent strategic account planning.
- Demonstrate good teamwork with coworkers and follow the specific directives of the CDW management team
- Build and manage an opportunity pipeline for CDW's IBM System and Storage solutions. Focus on driving and closing hardware, software and services revenue to achieve the overall Systems and Storage Practice revenue and gross profit targets.
- Demonstrate the ability to scope engagements to a high degree of accuracy with appropriate assistance and review from CDW and partner pre-sales and post-sales resources.
- Manage and track sales opportunity pipelines, forecasts and revenue using CDW's sales automation tool.
- Be a primary contact and sales resource for all local CDW Field Account Executives, Advanced Technology Account Executives, Account Managers, Inside Sales Representatives and customers.
- Be knowledgeable (industry expert) about products, applications, technical service, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical services. Maintain credible knowledge of competing technologies and solutions.
- Understand IBM, EMC and NetApp server, storage and virtualization solutions (including back-up and recovery.
- Understand CDW services offerings; help develop services quotes for customers as part of a total advanced technology solution.
- Understand client business drivers and needs. Provide input on strategies to drive revenue for solutions and the overall CDW Systems and Storage practice.
- Provide management oral and written reports on the client needs, problems, interests, market situation, competitive activities, and potential for new products/services.
- Conduct presentations online and in-person to existing and prospective clients.
- Conduct client interviews to collect detailed information and to assist in the calculation of TCO and ROI for Server and Storage opportunities. Present findings to customers.
- Help to create client-facing business development activities, perform demand generation and perform all follow-up to business development activities.
- Coordinate prospect meetings, teleconferences, and communications.
- Leverage multiple CDW and partner sales channels, including Branch Sales Teams
- Participate in client seminars and workshops
- Create and deliver polished sales proposals and RFP responses.
The information in this position description is intended to convey information about the key responsibilities and requirements of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the opportunity Responsibilities are subject to change.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business Administration or ten years or more of storage sales experience
Other Required Qualifications
- Thorough knowledge of at least one of the storage product lines from IBM, NetApp, EMC or HP
- Five Years or more of professional services sales experience
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills including consulting skills
- Strong Oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Successful sales track record with IBM, EMC and/or NetApp
Job Category: Outside Sales
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 25%