This job posting is no longer active
Independently manages projects or acts as Project Manager within a program working under the guidance of more experienced coworkers. Owns all aspects of a product or service offering for a client, from inception to installation. Integrally involved in interaction with sales, consultants, stakeholders and other members of cross-functional teams. Projects are typically of low and medium complexity and risk incorporating mainstream, legacy and select emerging technologies. Utilizes existing project management templates and customizes these templates as needed. Manages schedules and budgets to ensure goal attainment. The CDW Project Manager acts as project advocate ensuring success for all stakeholders by driving for results, making the tough call, and building strong relationships with project stakeholders.
The information in this position description is intended to convey information about the key responsibilities and requirements of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the opportunity. Responsibilities are subject to change.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Independently manages projects adhering to CDW’s project management methodology.
- Accountable for project profitability. Monitors, interprets and communicates project budget.
- Ensures that time, expenses and invoices are accurately tracked and approved against the project in a timely manner.
- Validates initial project scope and estimates. Manages change order process including determining the need for a new Statement of Work versus a Change Order.
- Ensures all items defined in CDW Statement of Work are delivered and performs quality assurance throughout the life cycle of the project.
- Identifies and successfully mitigates project risks
- Establishes monitors, adjusts and communicates tasks and associated schedule to the project team. Remediating when necessary.
- Aids in identifying proper resources and optimizing billable schedules, monitoring and adjusting assignments as necessary.
- Identifies, documents, tracks and communicates project issues, aids in bringing to resolution.
- Manages equipment, software, licensing and outside services procurement and delivery schedules.
- Documents outcomes, lessons learned and shares appropriately with colleagues.
- Takes accountability for project results. Is fiscally responsible to the client, the project and to CDW. Holds project team accountable.
- Instills trust with our clients by building strong relationships with stakeholders.
- Leverages business acumen and political savvy as well as relevant personal and CDW experience to build credibility.
- Demonstrates ability to diffuse uncomfortable situations with client and/or project team.
- Leads teams to consistently meet project success factors and exceed client expectations.
- Inspects delegated tasks to insure timely and accurate completion.
- Stays abreast of industry best practices through research, conferences, training seminars and participation in professional associations. Shares information across the project management team.
- Determines the appropriate documentation (communication plans, schedules/timelines, status reports, quality plan, closure summary, budget, risk plan, etc.) for projects. Manages the quality and delivery of documentation to clients.
- Communicates all aspects of projects to the appropriate stakeholders utilizing communication plan template(s).
- Has clear and concise communication. Leads and facilitates both live and virtual meetings. Keeps meetings on track, on topic and summarizes assigns and publishes follow up items in a timely manner.
- Adapts communication style and medium to the audience needs.
- Effectively prepares and delivers difficult information.
- Can effectively build consensus across project team and stakeholders.
- Demonstrates effective listening skills.
- Manages Stakeholders: Creates and maintains presence with all project stakeholders acting as a CDW steward for quality. Dedicated to meeting or exceeding stakeholder expectations. Identifies success criteria and ensures that it is met by involving the stakeholders in key decisions.
- Negotiation: Recognizes the need for negotiations, gathers relevant information and seeks advice when needed from sales and management before proceeding. Negotiates small changes (cost, scope, effort, schedule solution, resource commitment, etc.) to agreeable result. Effective in negotiating changes to achieve stakeholder satisfaction and project results.
- Problem Solving & Decision Making: Works with team members to gather information and determine possible/probable impacts to the project, document mitigation steps taken in troubleshooting and communicate these to the team and customer.
- Bachelor degree in business or computer related field or equivalent experience.
- 3 years’ experience in Project Management OR 3 years of CDW Services experience
- Ability to work weekends and/or off hours as necessary to meet clients' needs.
- This position may require the ability to travel average of 25%.
Other Required Qualifications
- Participate productively in virtual teams in order to improve Project Management processes
- Demonstrated ability take accountability for projects and their results, be fiscally responsible and lead teams to meet project success factors.
- Working knowledge of one or more formal project management methodologies proficiency with tools such as Microsoft Project/Office
- Ability to leverage business acumen, political savvy, relevant personal and CDW experience, perseverance and communication skills to build credibility.
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills including demonstrated experience presenting technology recommendations from a business perspective.
- Two or more years’ experience in leading significant projects within a single Advanced Technology solution area.
Job Category: Sales General
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 10%