This job posting is no longer active
CDW’s vision is to be the best national provider of Advanced Technology Solutions. We’ll achieve this reputation by continuing to delight our customers and being the employer of choice for Advanced Technology Solutions. Principal Consulting Engineers at CDW are smart, hard-working Engineers who enjoy teaming with other best and brightest Engineers on highly visible, technically challenging projects and offerings. We’re looking for high-caliber, well-rounded professionals who are passionate about emerging technology, projects and consulting.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Perform client consultation: planning, design, and implementation of Microsoft infrastructure and related hardware
- Develop and implement the technical architecture and physical design of the network: analyze existing voice and data networks and recommend solutions
- Collaborates with the technical architect on training plans and approaches to best equip staff for successful implementations
- Troubleshoot, maintain, upgrade, and provide solutions to complex hardware/software problems
- Assist in the management of projects using CDW's project management methodology
- Regularly interface with customer’s technical and business executive level and project leadership
- Serves as the technical lead on Proof of Concept engagements and large-scale implementations
- Identify and communicate potential opportunities for cross-selling to the sales team
- Manage time and expense to meet or exceed expectations defined in the Statement of Work
- Provide high quality content deliverables using the appropriate document templates
- Ensure solution is implemented as designed to the customer’s satisfaction and approval
- Work with Professional Services Managers, ATAE's, Project Managers and customers to manage expectations and timelines to ensure expectations and commitments are being met
- Set strategy and lead successful deployments in at least two different technologies
- Ability to navigate difficult customer environments independently, effectively, and consistently
- Escalates and communicates alternatives with associated risks with executives and stakeholders
- Educates the customer on solution as appropriate throughout the life of the project or service life
- Develops standards, best practices and training for team members along with technical architect and technical lead in their area of expertise
- Bachelor degree in business, computer science, a related technical degree or equivalent
- Seven years’ experience delivering complex technical solutions including planning, development, implementation and support
Other Required Qualifications
- Minimum 4 years consulting experience
- Expert knowledge of Office 365 and Exchange 2010/2013 and/or expert knowledge of Lync 2010/2013 with Enterprise Voice.
- Understanding of Windows 2008/2012 Server/AD domain infrastructure
- 7+ years direct experience with deploying and managing Microsoft technologies 3+ years of Exchange 2010/2013 or Lync 2010/2013 experience on enterprise initiatives
- Ability to understand, assess and propose solutions for resolving customer questions and issues.
- Proven experience as a technical thought-leader: invents new technologies, applications of technology, or ways to synthesize technologies and domain understanding to forge new market opportunities.
- Proven project oversight responsibilities and mentoring of technical teams/consultants.
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills including demonstrated experience presenting technology recommendations from a business perspective to c-level executives.
- Professional, business-focused attitude and courteous manner towards clients, partners and peers.
- Ability to travel average of 50%
- Physically able to lift up to 50 pounds of equipment.
- Attention to detail on inventory and logistics is important
- MCITP/MCSE: Messaging or MCSE: Communication
- including the following exams:
- Certified in Exchange 2013 having passed the following exams 70-341 and 70-342
- Certified in Exchange 2010 having passed the following exams 70-662 and 70-663
- Certified in Lync 2013 having passed the following exams 70-336 and 74-337
- Certified in Office 365 having passed the following exams 70-321 and 70-323
Job Category: Engineering General
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 25%