The Technology Support Manager ensures that all phases of deskside support, including installations, upgrades, software, hardware, operating systems, and configuration issues, are properly coordinated, monitored, tracked, and resolved.
The Technology Support department provides IT services for internal coworkers as it relates to:
- Coworker desktops and laptops
- Mobile devices including smartphones and tablets
- Video Conferencing
- Asset Management (software & hardware)
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership to individuals on team(s) through coaching, feedback, development goals, and performance management.
- Manage performance of the Technology Support team by driving productivity and improving the experience coworkers have when interacting with IT.
- Review daily, weekly, and monthly reports for Technology Support to ensure that all service level initiatives are being met per department goals and objectives.
- Manage relationships with key hardware vendors to include: Lenovo, HP, Symantec, McAfee, Microsoft, Apple, etc…
- Ensure that all phases of desktop support, including installations, upgrades, hardware, software, peripherals, etc. are properly coordinated, monitored, tracked, and resolved.
- Responsible for effective talent management to attract, develop and retain staff including pipeline & succession planning
- Identify skill gaps and develop staffing plans to address training opportunities.
- Plan and drive Technology Support related projects and initiatives.
- Identify and implement process improvements that will increase productivity and drive consistency in how support is provided to CDW coworkers.
- Create & communicate staffing schedules.
- Monitor all Technology Support ticket queues.
- Observe/coach supervisors and coworkers.
- First point of contact for management escalation involving Technology support.
- Approve and sign staff time cards.
- Collaborate with other departments to align goals, objectives, and resources.
- Address issues of diverse scope where analysis of situations and/or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
- Define and regularly review current organizational structure, ensuring alignment to departmental and business strategies.
- Work off hours and weekends as business needs dictate.
- Address emergency issues from home when necessary.
- Carry smartphone for off hours support.
- Travel as needed up to 25%
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology related discipline; OR a combination of work experience, education and training equivalent to a four-year college degree in a technology related discipline
- 3 years of experience in a Helpdesk or Desktop Support Supervisor or Manager role in an enterprise environment (5000+clients)
- 5 years related IT work experience
Other Required Qualifications:
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Advance knowledge of PC hardware and software installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and repair.
- Advance working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and software products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Track record of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience leading projects, effectively delegating responsibilities and managing resources.
- Proven record in developing and implementing long term desktop strategies and initiatives.
- History of building and maintaining productive cross-functional relationships with key stakeholders and business partners.
- Strong attention to detail and creative problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to attract and retain a successful talent pool.
- Flexibility to work off hours and weekends as required.
- Login capabilities to work from home when needed.
- 4-5 years of Manager or Supervisor experience in an enterprise environment (5000+clients)
- 3 years’ experience managing large rollouts and mass deployments of PC and Apple desktops and laptops.
- 3 years working experience with developing, updating, and managing hardware build process and procedure
- 2 years’ experience managing capital planning around hardware/software used in an enterprise environment.
- 2 years’ experience with expense planning and forecasting for an IT Service Desk or desktop environment.
- Certified Desktop Support Manager (HDI)
- ITIL v3