This job posting is no longer active
The Application Development Manager is responsible for overall team delivery of architecture, design, development, quality assurance and support for various reporting technologies.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Determine work requirements, priorities, and best use of resources for development projects as well as for unplanned incidents.
- Direct and focus the efforts of technical project teams and draw appropriate resources together to address technical issues.
- Guide staff on procedures, technical issues, work priorities, and special requests.
- Oversee assigned team projects and provide high-level status reporting to management on a weekly basis.
- Create/review detailed estimates for projects, including resource allocation, timelines, and budget.
- Review technical decisions to ensure they meet designated design goals.
- Develop BI solutions to CDW coding standards and quality.
- Professionally develop and mentor the Information Services team through coaching, feedback and performance conversations.
- Act as the lead to assist with the technological direction of the team.
- Collaborate with various business teams to clarify requirements and business needs.
- Participate in the planning; prioritization and resource allocation for manage workflow and projects.
- Participate in application architecture and framework design.
- Make technical decisions to meet the design goals articulated in product road map.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or MIS, or equivalent knowledge/experience.
8 years in BI development.
2 years of experience in BI development leadership.
Other Required Qualifications
Experience in lead roles on reporting teams and managing implementation projects that utilize web technologies.
Experience with the product life cycle and strong understanding of the role of methodology.
Working knowledge of business functions and a successful history of solution implementation.
Solid experience using software design support tools and productivity suites such as Microsoft Visio, Office, and Project.
Highly proficient using the Windows Operating System.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
Solid business and technical acumen.
History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
Experience in teaching and/or mentoring professionals.
Demonstrated creative problem solving skills.
Job Category: Corporate IT
Job Type: Full-Time