This job posting is no longer active
CDW’s vision is to be the best national provider of Advanced Technology Solutions. We’ll achieve this reputation by continuing to delight our customers and being the employer of choice for Advanced Technology Solutions. Consulting Engineers at CDW are smart, hard-working Engineers who enjoy teaming with other best and brightest Engineers on highly visible, technically challenging projects and offerings. We’re looking for high-caliber, well-rounded professionals who are passionate about emerging technology, projects and consulting.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Lead in the planning, design, and implementation of Mobility solutions such as, the Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security (EM+S) suite, the Citrix Workspace Suite, or VMware Workspace ONE
- Assist in planning, design, and implementation of Microsoft Azure, such as compute, networking, storage, security + identity, and monitoring + management
- Follow life-cycle oriented processes and procedures
- Troubleshoot, maintain, upgrade, and provide solutions to complex hardware/software problems
- Assist in the management of projects using CDW's project management methodology
- Regularly interface with technical and business staff of customers, including the project sponsor and stakeholders of projects in more complex engagements
- Serve as technical point of contact on customer engagements
- Create and execute test plans to meet project requirements for assigned components
- Identify and communicate potential opportunities for cross-selling to the sales team
- Manage time and expense to meet or exceed expectations defined in the Statement of Work
- Provide high quality content deliverables using the appropriate document templates
- Ensure solution is implemented as designed to the customer’s satisfaction and approval
- Work with Professional Services Managers, Seller’s, Project Managers and customers to manage expectations and timelines to ensure expectations and commitments are being met
- Conducts/leads design workshops for complex designs to meet customer, business and technical objectives
- Proactively develops plans and activities to avoid problems
- Educates the customer on solution as appropriate throughout the life of the project
Bachelor degree in business, computer science, a related technical degree or equivalent
Five years’ experience delivering complex technical solutions including planning, development, implementation and support
Minimum two years consulting experience in enterprise environments.
Technical Proficiency in either the Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security (EM+S) suite, Citrix Workspace Suite or VMware Workspace ONE.
Broad understanding of an array of technologies and their use, such as: Windows Server, Active Directory, ADFS, PKI certificates, O365, the System Center suite, SQL Server, SharePoint, and WSUS.
A constant desire to educate and grow alongside of customer and market demands.
Experience owning some significant aspect of the product/application design and implementation
A professional, business-focused attitude and courteous manner towards clients, partners and peers
Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills including demonstrated experience presenting technology recommendations from a business perspective
Ability to travel average of 50%
Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Azure, such as compute, networking, storage, security + identity, and monitoring + management.
Experience with Windows 10 management and enterprise desktop deployment strategies, including virtual desktop environments.
Technical Expertise in Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager
Job Category: Engineering General
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 75%