This job posting is no longer active
The Application Development Manager is responsible for overall team delivery of architecture, design, development, quality assurance and internal and external support for various windows desktop, web and mobile technologies.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Determine work requirements, priorities, and best use of resources for development projects as well as for unplanned incidents.
- Direct and focus the efforts of technical project teams and draw appropriate resources together to address technical issues.
- Guide staff on procedures, technical issues, work priorities, and special requests.
- Oversee assigned team projects and provide high-level status reporting to management on a weekly basis.
- Create/review detailed estimates for projects, including resource allocation, timelines, and budget.
- Review technical decisions to ensure they meet designated design goals.
- Develop solutions to CDW coding standards and quality.
- Professionally develop and mentor the team through coaching, feedback and performance conversations.
- Act as the lead to assist with the technological direction of the team.
- Collaborate with various business teams to clarify requirements and business needs.
- Participate in the planning; prioritization and resource allocation for manage workflow and projects.
- Participate in application architecture and framework design.
- Make technical decisions to meet the design goals articulated in product road map.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or MIS, or equivalent knowledge/experience.
8 years in development.
2 years of experience in development leadership.
Other Required Qualifications
Experience in Test Driven Development (TDD) and Agile practices
Experience with applications that utilize Microsoft technologies including C#, WPF, WinForms, SQL Server, and TFS
Familiarity with enterprise concepts such as MVVM, MVP, MVC, Domain Driven Design, and Service Oriented Architecture
Ability to coach and mentor a team with varied skill levels from associate application developers to application architects
Possesses a basic understanding of project financials and has a demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage to a budget and a timeline
Capable of delivering projects in the short term while still ensuring all long-term architectural goals are met
Process oriented thinker with a history of driving continuous improvement in development teams through application of metrics and methodologies
Experience with the product life cycle and strong understanding of the role of methodology.
Working knowledge of business functions and a successful history of solution implementation.
Solid experience using software design support tools and productivity suites such as Microsoft Visio, Office, and Project.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
Solid business and technical acumen.
Demonstrated creative problem-solving skills.
Job Category: Corporate IT
Job Type: Full-Time