This job posting is no longer active
The IT Service Desk is the initial point of contact for all internal CDW coworkers experiencing IT service disruptions throughout the enterprise. The IT Service Desk Technician provides level one technical assistance to coworkers via phone, voicemail, email, instant message, self-service, and social media.
Key Areas of Responsibility - Provide first level Service Desk support for a variety of technology incidents and service
requests that are generated via phone, voicemail, email, instant message, self-service, and
- Mentor new coworkers on technical issues.
- Perform basic client administration activities
- Create and submit knowledgebase content.
High School Diploma or equivalent
2 years work experience in the following:
- Supporting Windows 7/XP
- Working experience in a Tier "1" phone technical support environment.
- Installing/uninstalling PC hardware/software.
- Working with VPN solutions and troubleshooting network connectivity.
- Working with desktop wireless configurations/setups.
- Experience with Active Directory (creating accounts, changing accounts, adding objects to OU’s).
Other Required Qualifications
- Ability to work under direct supervision. - Good interpersonal skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple issues at once.
- Must be willing to respond to on-call pager system after hours for support emergencies.
- Flexible working hours.
- Lift up to 50 lbs, with or without assistance, on occasion.
- Lift up to 20 lbs, unassisted on a regular basis.
- Certified Support Center analyst (HDI).