Consider this – as a sales specialist focused on Microsoft solutions, we offer the opportunity to be the MVP of a winning sales team. Our account executives recognize that all our customers have Microsoft somewhere in their environment, and if they are not selling it to them someone else is which puts the rest of their business at risk. Sales specialists are the go-to player called upon to drive strategic conversations with our customers around their Microsoft environment. From quarterbacking cross-solution discussions with a strong team of technical and partner specialists, providing interactive solution demonstrations, and defining a solution scope the sales specialist is critical to growing our revenue and profitability. If you have a competitive spirit with a strong drive and high energy, then this is the perfect position to keep you challenged.
Making a Difference – CDW sales specialists are game changers. Not only do we serve as a trusted advisor for our customers, but we set CDW apart from our competition. The sales specialist’s unique ability to go broad across the Microsoft solution stack is a key ingredient to helping customers envision the full potential of their software investment. Working with a passionate and dedicated sales team, you get the opportunity to prepare them for the front lines to drive even more opportunity your way. As a go-to Microsoft partner, you also get the benefit of evangelizing through an extended partner team. If you like working with people, solving problems and executing against a winning game plan, look no further!
In CDWs Software and Solutions Practice you’ll work with rockstars focused on licensing, products and services. Strong time management and organization skills will come in handy when it is time to put on a show for our customers. And you’ll have fun doing it! We work hard, but play hard and put a strong emphasis on work-life balance.
Take Action – Do you have five years or more of solution selling experience, including Microsoft or other major software vendors? Are you looking to take charge and develop a successful book of business? Join a proven team of highly-motivated, passionate people dedicated to meeting the needs of customers, beating industry records and enjoying the rewards of a job well done. See why over 6,700 coworkers across the United States and Canada choose to build their careers at CDW.
The information in this position description is intended to convey information about the key responsibilities and requirements of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the opportunity. Responsibilities are subject to change.
- Bachelor degree in business, computer science, a related technical degree or equivalent.
- Minimum five years’ experience in services sales or consulting or equivalent.
Other required qualifications:
- Solution Selling Experience: Proven success with enterprise customers, working knowledge of solution-selling strategies and tactics and business value selling.
- Account Management and Prioritization Excellence: Demonstrated strategic time management and multitasking skills. Effectively accelerates opportunity pipeline with predictable business results that exceed revenue targets.
- Able to handle many projects / customer engagements simultaneously.
- Able to identify and focus on priorities while appropriately setting expectations with customers, colleagues and manager.
- Communication excellence through written and oral communications.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Sales Teamwork: High degree of collaboration with multiple sales personnel, as well as Microsoft. Involve appropriate resources to ensure win and success of projects. Demonstrate judgment in the engagement of those resources.
- Demonstrated skills in collaboration with virtual teams, cross-functional groups and with complex problems to solve.
- Experience providing project oversight, management, technical leadership or engineer mentoring.
- Demonstrated intellectual property development. For example, whitepapers, template deliverables, solutions, case studies, etc.
- Advanced level technical certifications or equivalent.
- Must be willing to travel up to 50%