The Associate Manager, Accounting coordinates the month-end accounting close process, applies accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepares timely and accurate internal financial reporting packages, and manages/coach a team.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Analyzes monthly preliminary financial statements, investigates and explains variances.
- Lead monthly internal key metric analysis, including Days Payable Outstanding (‘DPO’) and purchase discounts to develop the performance “story” for the month and underlying business performance drivers.
- Responsible for DPO and Purchase Discounts planning and forecasting.
- Provides support in identifying new opportunities for working capital improvement, and assessing the impact of any changes on the relevant financial metrics.
- Review and approve month-end adjusting journal entries, account reconciliations and reports.
- Responsible for investigating and resolving relevant accounting issues, and developing applicable policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining and monitoring compliance of all internal control procedures surrounding accounts payable, including preparation of documentation to support financial accounting policies.
- Supports the Company’s internal and external auditors performing control testing, quarterly reviews and the annual audit.
- Supervises and mentors accountant(s) and/or senior accountant(s).
- Identifies financial accounting, analysis and reporting process improvement opportunities and implements improvements.
- Develops goals and skills for direct report(s) and provides regular feedback on performance.
- Special projects as assigned.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree either in finance or accounting, or another major with CPA (Certified Public Accountant)
- External candidates:
- 4 years previous accounting or financial audit experience.
- Internal candidates:
- 3 years CDW accounting or finance experience.
Other Required Qualifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external stakeholders, including senior leadership
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of accounting and finance principles and practices
- Solid technical accounting skills
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills with critical attention to detail
- Track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business, while meeting deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications with strong experience in Excel
- Proven track record in problem analysis with the ability to creatively and proactively problem solve
- Track record of identifying process improvements, and making appropriate recommendations
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to influence stakeholders
- Ability to take the lead on researching/resolving issues (from start to finish), or representing department on project.
- Ability to coach and lead a team, as well as represent the department in projects and other initiatives
- Strong knowledge of financial accounting and reporting applications (Peoplesoft and Hyperion Financial Management)
- Supervisory and/or mentoring experience