The Customer Success Manager (CSM) role focuses on post-sale solution adoption. This role is responsible for working with sales, pre-sales, services, and channel teams to plan and organize customer success strategies. The incumbent has strong customer management and business consultancy skills and is passionate about proactively engaging with their customers and expanding their use cases.
The CSM develops and maintains strategic relationships with Sales & Services Management of the customers they support and seen as a trusted advisor to grow business.
The CSM is expected to be subject matter expert in multiple families of solutions.
The incumbent in this role operates independently using standard approaches, existing tools, templates, and resources; shares knowledge and information that may benefit the team.
The CSM role will also focus on lifecycle management of Microsoft solutions.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Establish a trusted/strategic advisor relationship with each assigned customer and drive continued value of our solutions.
- Work with clients to establish critical goals, or other key performance indicators and aid the customer in achieving their goals.
- Advocate customer needs/issues cross-departmentally.
- Engage with customer executives and other influential stakeholders to identify, define, track and measure the overall impact of your aligned solutions to an organization.
- Be a recognized expert and thought leader in the practical application of your aligned solution
- Develop and deliver “success plans” to key customers identifying stakeholders, milestones, metrics, and risks inherent in an implementation.
- Ensures customer creates value through defining and achieving business outcomes
- Navigate easily in traditional complex Enterprise environments
- Demonstrates advanced insights and understanding of customers business/industry.
- Escalate critical customer issues and ensure escalation ownership with internal resources
- Act as Voice of the Customer and provide feedback to Services, Sales, Operations and Channel teams as appropriate.
- Ensure customers are actively participating as a reference in support of the field winning new business
- Drive customer readiness for service updates, ensuring they are aware of and prepared for potential impacts
- Partner with the Sales organization in select competitive sales cycles to drive revenue opportunities in new and existing accounts
- Ability to orchestrate and gain strong buy-in with multiple external (e.g. Channel Partner) and internal teams (Account Manager, Field Solution Architect, Customer Engagement Manager) and be highly connected to solution Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) throughout the customer’s lifecycle
- Measure and the report the impact of the offerings currently in place, so that the customer and CDW have a common understanding of the value they are receiving toward achieving their expected outcomes.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Identify, define and drive renewals, phased upsell and cross sell opportunities from account base, including the facilitation of change orders, as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Two-year minimum technical pre-sales or technical architecting experience
- Prior experience in Customer Success or equivalent history of increasing customer satisfaction, adoption, and retention.
- Proven ability to drive continuous value of solution(s)
- Familiarity working with clients of all sizes
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented and analytical
- Strong team player but still a self-starter
- Thrives in a multi-tasking environment and can adjust priorities on-the-fly.
- Stay up to date on products, applications, technical service, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising, and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature, seminars, and online training
- Knowledge and proven success of engaging and working with sales teams
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, including consulting skills
- Strong passion for learning and teaching others
- Ability to think creatively and come up with proactive ideas that will increase sales
- Strong problem solving skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, peers and coworkers
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications