This job posting is no longer active
The Analytics & Insights team is passionate about creating a story out of insights, research, and performance data. This team serves as the expert of CDW solutions and customers, providing research and insights to marketing, sales and solutions teams. They develop research and performance analysis to drive strategic decision-making and planning to create more targeted, relevant messaging and improve ROI. They must understand how CDW solutions are applicable in the marketplace and act as the conduit between the CDW and its customers. This team’s insights, research, and data will be used to develop the contact, channel, and campaign strategies.
The Manager of Insights is responsible for generating and curating strategic insights that will be shared with CDW’s Education Sales leadership, solutions teams and others in Marketing to help inform CDW’s customer/solutions priorities, including planning and optimizing the customer buying journey across multi-channel marketing campaigns and CDW’s digital properties. This leader is also accountable for sharing relevant insights with customer-facing coworkers and ensuring the marketing organization is provided with the insights necessary to build campaign strategies and tactics.
Key Areas of Responsibility
· Responsible for updating the stakeholders with details on trends and occurrences in the market place of partners that may impact or influence CDW’s working relationship with said partners.
· Provide direction and oversight on customer research and competitive analysis in order to understand needs and buying behavior. Leverage insights from research to guide marketing and sales activities.
· Develop and maintain broad based understanding of all technology areas CDW sells or plans to sell and how they relate to solving business problems.
· Maintain industry specific knowledge and understanding of customers’ business and pain points.
· Partner with key stakeholders in the development of the P&L template and productivity reports.
· Regularly review these reports and implement agreed to corrective action.
· Monitor performance against current year plan (variance analysis) and take corrective action as required.
· Develop solution penetration strategy for growing CDW share of wallet and market share.
· Responsible for identifying and communicating new market opportunities based on solutions insights.
· Responsible for sharing insights with all customer-facing coworkers (e.g., Sales, S3). Ensures solutions insights are applied to the sales plan.
· Support campaign planning by providing solutions insights and recommending best target market.
· Responsible for identifying, synthesizing, and sharing solutions insights to drive results.
· Develop budget recommendation and allocation across team.
· Develop Solutions Strategy for CDW by combining technology and customer knowledge into an executable business plan in conjunction with all relevant workgroups: Sales, Strategic Solutions & Services, Brand, Finance, Marketing, and Product & Partner Management, to increase the average customer order value, profit margins and customer experience.
· Create customer message management strategy for communicating CDW capabilities to the customer.
· Integrate solutions marketing activities within CDW customer segment plans and sales channel activities.
· Identify sales support tools needed for working with the Sales/S3 teams.
· Regularly review the financial P&L and expense reports.
· Manage activity delivery and forecast costs to minimize accrual issues.
· Provide leadership to individuals on team(s) through coaching, feedback, development goals, and performance management.
· Manage a team of coworkers including performance management, coaching and development.
· Prioritize, assign and manage department activities and projects in accordance with departmental goals and objectives. Adjust hours of work, priorities and staff assignments to ensure efficient operation, based on workload.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 5 years proven experience developing and delivering high quality marketing programs on time and within budget.
· 5 years of experience supporting segment marketing programs or solution technology product lines.
Other Required Qualifications
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders, including senior leadership.
· Strong planning and execution skills, with ability to demonstrate strategic thought process.
· Experience negotiating and reviewing contracts.
· Market research experience.
· Ability to lead or support teams of experts in media, advertising, and creative arts.
· Proven organizational skills and analytical skills, with strong attention to detail.
· Proven e-commerce and Internet skills.
· Proficient in Microsoft applications.
· History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
· Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong working relationships.
· Project and process management skills.
· MBA Preferred.
· Working knowledge and experience in Education markets within the US.
· Experience providing professional services in a highly matrixed environment.
· Ability to influence and negotiate with sales and marketing.
· High collaboration skills, particularly with sales.