This job posting is no longer active
The Licensing Help Desk Specialist is responsible for daily management of operational activities assigned to the software team. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring accuracy of all software orders. In addition, the Licensing Help Desk Specialist confirms all orders and fulfills compliance and contract requirements. The Licensing Help Desk Specialist provides process improvement recommendations. Fact finding and research are required to understand the business requirements and design processes that meet those needs.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Ensure accuracy of orders submitted through the router
- Analyze product mix on orders and/or quotes and makes upsell and cross sell recommendations as appropriate
- Assist with Software Assurance Benefits (SAB) activation calls and walkthroughs on Microsoft’s Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC) site.
- Participate in campaigns focused on driving upsell goals
- Enter all anniversary orders into SPS within Microsoft time lines
- Provide Licensing Specialists with information that supports achievement of
- On-time Renewals and True-ups
- Support software licensing specialists and account managers with operational and administrative tasks associated with licensing tasks
- Respond to email or phone inquiries from Account Managers and Account Executives.
- Become a subject matter expert for all assigned software and order processes
- Continuously identify opportunities for process development and improvement
- Responsible management of accuracy for all assigned software orders
- Respond to all Select Plus Proration Requests utilizing Microsoft Proration Tool
- Provide quality assurance by checking and ensuring all steps for software agreements are followed.
- Proactively manage the Select/Select Plus annual payment orders
- Handle order escalations with internal departments and vendors
- Submit Microsoft Licensing Statement (MSL) requests
- Handle inbound Microsoft Inside Territory Manager (ITM) requests
- Handle Next Generation Volume Licensing (NGVL) requests
- Assist with EA Workbook and True Up Worksheet builds
- Create Microsoft contracts upon request
- Provide guidance to sales on quotes and opportunity pricing based on established pricing structures.
- Engage with internal departments such as Purchasing, PPM, Finance and the Bid Desk to assist in the completion of daily operational requests
- Effective management of software practice tools
- Act as escalation point for all contractor requests
- Achieve necessary certifications in assigned license programs as needed
- Associate’s degree in Business or equivalent experience
- 2-yrsexperience with MS Office applications (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- 2-yrs customer service experience
Other Required Qualifications
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven track record of high satisfaction ratings from project stakeholders
- Strong internal and external customer focus
- Committed to building and maintaining strong working relationships with management and staff.
- Demonstrated strict attention to detail, accuracy and completeness.
- Ability and willingness to conduct research and learn new systems/reports
- Well organized with the ability to prioritize project work.
- Must work proactively and manage multiple tasks.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel in addition to basic computer knowledge
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Good communication skills with internal and vendor stakeholders
- Maintain positive working relationships with management and staff.
- Experience in similar role
Job Category: Sales Support General
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 0%