The Sr Program Manager oversees the coordination and administration of all aspects of an ongoing program including planning, organizing, leading and controlling program activities while delivering a superior customer experience.
Key Areas of Responsibility
The Sr. Program Manager performs a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
Planning the Program
- Plan the delivery of the overall program and its activities in alignment with the organization’s strategy and priorities
- Develop new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organization
- Create and implement long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the program
- Develop an annual budget and operating plan to support the program
- Develop a program evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the program and to identify areas for improvement
Organizing the Program
- Ensure that program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization and comply with all relevant legislation and professional standards.
- Develop forms and records to document program activities.
Leading the Program
- Ensure all staff members receive orientation and appropriate training.
- Communicate with clients and other stakeholders to gain community support for the program and to solicit input to improve the program.
- Liaise with other managers and partners to ensure the effective and efficient program delivery.
- Coordinate the delivery of services among different program activities to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
Controlling the Program
- Write reports on the program for management and key stakeholders
- Ensure that the program operates within the approved budget
- Monitor and approve all budgeted program expenditures
- Manage all project funds according to established accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure that all financial records for the program are up to date
- Identify and evaluate the risks associated with program activities and take appropriate action to control the risks
- Monitor the program activities on a regular basis and recommend changes to enhance the program, as appropriate
Responsibilities by Sub-Function
- Marketing Delivery
- Sales Delivery
- Assess and organize existing marketing data to make content sharing with Sales easier for the Sales Delivery Program Managers.
- Gather and leverage Sales feedback to improve the Marketing plan.
- Manage and maintain key programs within the Sales Delivery team, such as the customer success platform, sales feedback tracking, IT Insider communications, GetIT Portal, and more.
- Engage with Sales leaders and Sales Delivery Program Managers, to identify gaps that Marketing can address with new technology topics & priorities, collateral needs, training needs and other strategies not covered in the broader marketing plan.
Other Required Qualifications