This job posting is no longer active
The Senior Telephony Engineer is the lead for complex configuration, deployment, testing, maintenance, monitoring and trouble-shooting of telephony components to provide a robust voice communications platform.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Maintain and troubleshoot Cisco Unified Communications.
- Plan, design, implement and manage projects that include new locations or deploying new technologies across the network.
- Evaluate migration, redundancy, disaster recovery, business continuity and long-term growth options.
- Handle complex tasks relating to Telephony operations, installation, and/or maintenance for local, off-site and/or remote locations.
- Develop technical, architecture and process documentation for CDW’s voice infrastructure.
- Forecast and perform capacity planning on voice network.
- Oversee and interact with Vendors on analysis, acquisition, and installation of remote hardware and software.
- Interface with internal/external customers and vendors to determine system needs.
- Mentor junior engineers on how to effectively communicate with internal customers providing voice services and assimilating business requirements.
- Plan for voice and video infrastructure business continuity.
- Participate on regular on-call rotation.
- Work after hours and weekends as required by the business.
- Respond to emergency calls/pages/emails in a timely fashion even after hours.
- 10% travel
- Position Description
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years’ experience in voice telecommunications with extensive experience in: VoIP technologies, Cisco Unified Communication Manager, Cisco Unity Connection, Cisco Voice Gateways, Cisco/Tandberg VCS, Cisco Telepresence, Polycom video conferencing endpoints, Cisco routers and voice gateways using SIP, Quality of Service project management and vendor management.
Other Required Qualifications
- Working experience with advanced call center programming for Cisco UCCE and ICM (other Call Center product experience will be considered) and Verint Quality Recording (other QA product experience will be considered).
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco unified communications systems troubleshooting.
Demonstrated knowledge of a telecom and backbone network infrastructure (i.e., QoS, Routing etc.).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders, as well as relay complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience, including senior leadership.
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Track record of working independently with little direction.
- Strong analytical skills with critical attention to detail.
- Experience in a help desk environment as an escalation engineer.
- Network architecture experience.
- Cisco Voice certifications (CCVP, CCDP, CCIE).
- VoIP design and implementation experience.
- Video conferencing and TelePresence design, implementation and troubleshooting experience.
Job Category: Corporate IT
Job Type: Full-Time