This job posting is no longer active
Manage contract(s) for a particular vertical or verticals within CDW Sales
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Provide program management support for special contract vehicles to ensure compliance, minimize risk, and maximize contract revenue and profitability.
- Responsible for a full range of contracts which face customers and/or partners (E.g., Master Purchase Agreements, Subcontractor Agreements, Teaming Agreements, Referral Agreements, and others.
- Initiate and respond to requests for contract changes, product substitutions and/or technical refreshments.
- Draft appropriate amendments and other contract documents throughout the contract life-cycle.
- Monitor delivery and other key elements of CDW and subcontractor performance while coordinating with other CDW departments to ensure that contract requirements are satisfied.
- Develop and manage technology improvement strategies while maintaining backward compatibility with user-installed base.
- Ensure CDW is compliant with all applicable laws, regulations and provisions.
- Negotiate with clients and suppliers to achieve best possible terms for CDW.
- Identify and record key contract components within a specialized database, update database as changes occur, and communicate said changes within the company.
- Facilitate preliminary dispute resolution and coordinate with the CDW Legal department as necessary, to maintain customer satisfaction and bring prompt closure to certain contract disputes.
- Make recommendations regarding the pursuit and discontinuance of transactional and contractual relationships, including associated subcontracts and prime contracts, and manage and terminates them, as necessary.
- If applicable, supervise, coach and develop one or more coworkers supporting the portfolio of contracts. Review prepared reports, provide assignment and instruction for daily activities.
- Provide direction and review of technical solutions of projects while assisting in the development of project plans, staffing plans, and management plans.
- Ensure price and supply agreements are in place from award through completion.
- Review order configuration and resolve issues.
- Prepare contract deliverable reports, keeps abreast of contractual terms and conditions while assisting in the preparation of contract modifications for price reductions, additions, discontinuances and replacements of product, as well as version changes.
- Provide consultation, direction, and motivation to other coworkers; is a team leader.
The information in this position description is intended to convey information about the key responsibilities and requirements of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or
working conditions associated with the opportunity. Responsibilities are subject to change.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 3 years of experience managing and negotiating multiple contracts, preferably in IT or comparable industry
- Previous experience developing pricing programs for large enterprise clients
Other Required Qualifications
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word and Outlook
- Clear, effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Possesses strong problem solving and project management skills
- Possess understanding of contract processes, requirements and practices applicable to the sector supported
- Contract experience or relevant CDW customer-related experience
- Capable of mollifying tense situations
- Capable of extracting and analyzing contract data, and determining best tactics to enhance margins within contracts
- 5 years of experience managing or negotiating contracts, preferably in the IT Federal industry with for NASA SEWP
- Certified by a recognized contract management association
- Proficient in MS Access and other Databases
- Knowledge of CDW Business Systems
- Previous management or supervisory experience
- Previous experience managing deliverables related to pricing and/or contract language provisioning to align with pricing programs
Job Category: Corporate General
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 10%