The Product Manager-Solutions position involves being responsible for leading the activities surrounding the business analysis, product development, product management, sales enablement and financial success of various services offers while maintaining a high standard of quality and team leadership. This individual will lead performance reporting for their offerings and own the strategic plan including: performance objectives, pricing models, competitive positioning, and go-to-market plans. The Product Manager-Solutions works with a cross-functional team to execute the plan. In addition, this person will be the knowledge resource for industry trends, market opportunities; key customer needs and seek to uncover new growth opportunities.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Offer Strategy, Development & Evangelism
- Sales Enablement
- Drive Profitability
Offer Strategy, Development & Evangelism
- Manage all activities for assigned Services offers, ensuring profitability and contributing to the maintenance of a high standard of quality. Maintain communications and contacts to collect and analyze technical, financial, schedule, and sales information for the offerings.
- Market Analysis
- Conduct market research to specify user requirements for current and future offers
- Responsible for successful delivery of offer releases to the marketplace
- Maintain offer strategy and roadmap, including competitive and market positioning, business plan, sales goals and margins
- Drive Offer development
- Lead and manage cross-functional collaboration for the development of new offers – including project management of such effort
- Drive the roadmap working closely with engineers and architects - including offer readiness
- Release Management – determine release schedule and ongoing management of offers to incorporate and communicate new features and functionality.
- Maintain Customer Relationships including escalation, consultation of offering roadmap, strategic direction, and offering lifecycle.
- Build effective relationships between functional departments to ensure business alignment including but not limited to all services teams, marketing, PPM, and sales.
- Enable various cross functional sales and pre-sales teams to sell the offers through availability of sales trainings and assets
- Measure effectiveness of enablement activities
- Conduct pricing vs. revenue analysis for assigned offers
- Address innovative cost reduction solutions for assigned offers
- Work with financial teams to develop financial P&L performance, forecasting, and ROI
- Create and maintain currency of the of pricing models and SOW templates used by Business Development and pre-sales teams.
- As needed, assist pursuit teams with customized solutions and pricing for highly competitive opportunities.
- Manage full offering lifecycle including analysis of revenue and margins of existing products. As needed update and remediate offerings and/or develop and execute plans to retire underperforming offerings.
- Plan, communicate, and execute end of life offering management for Services that can no longer be supported.
Other – Managed Services Only/Not Applicable to Software Solutions
- Operational input including capacity management, planning, internal and external communication and coordination
- Full technical understanding of the product and ability to articulate in detail and at a high level depending on audience.
- Participate in service development efforts including Service Exception Reviews.
- Participate and contribute to technical design reviews.
- Provide input on managed partner requirements when third party resources are required
- Ensure reporting and payment of licensing for assigned Managed Services products (working with delegated personnel)
National travel up to 20% of the time
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, Sales, Information Technology or business-related field
- Six years’ experience in Services including any combination of the following:
- Marketing Management
- Product Management
Other Required Qualifications
- Prior experience in IT Professional or Managed Services (Delivery or Pre-Sales)
- Ability to present to clients and understand their business needs
- Demonstrated knowledge of technology product offerings and solutions
- Proven record of successful project management and organizational skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office; Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Experience with sales productivity tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the company including Senior Leadership
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and conduct primary research
- Ability to multitask and be adaptable in a fast-changing environment.
- Strong understanding of the dynamics of cross-functional teams, with the ability to creatively problem solve.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with little direction.
- Two+ years of business analysis experience