This job posting is no longer active
The Maintenance Mechanic performs general maintenance on all facilities and material handling systems in the distribution centers. This role also performs maintenance services for the entire facility.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Performs preventative and corrective maintenance as well as mechanical troubleshooting on all material handling systems in the distribution center – conveyor systems, forklifts and battery chargers, etc.
- Performs preventative and corrective maintenance on all general facility equipment– HVAC systems, cafeteria equipment, plumbing, etc. Participate in the preventative program and be a first responder for problems with emergency fire and sprinkler systems.
- Performs preventative and corrective maintenance in a timely manner including entering all time, parts and comments into a Maintenance Management System.
- Provides maintenance services throughout the facility as assigned.
- Lift up to 50 lbs. with or without assistance.
- Must be able to perform 8 or more hours of standing, bending, lifting, walking and carrying products in combination at any given time.
- SHIFT: 10 PM-6:30 AM Sunday
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year previous maintenance experience.
Other Required Qualifications
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to read blueprints including one or more of the following areas; electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and construction drawings.
- Demonstrated ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Stand, bend, lift, walk and carry products in any combination for up to 8 hours at a time.
- History of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Comfort working in a warehouse environment which includes changes in temperature as the weather fluctuates, noise form conveyors and forklifts.
- Maintenance/technology certification, training and/or education.
Job Category: Warehouse-Distribution General
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 0%