This job posting is no longer active
The Manager IT Asset Management in Information Technology manages all aspects of the IT Asset Management lifecycle, including software acquisition, compliance, maintenance renewals, life cycle planning, costing, and budgeting, while building strong relationships with assigned vendors. This role is responsible for all communication, both internal and external, and all activities associated with contracts and products. This role is directly responsible for managing IT Asset Analysts.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Facilitate the business’ needs for ongoing technical support and upgrade protection on selected products by ensuring that maintenance, support and upgrade protection renewals are managed/handled/ordered in advance of their expiration for assigned vendors.
- Identify savings opportunities for renewals, software licensing, and services. Follow through with vendors and IT software owners to obtain identified savings.
- Manage all aspects of budgeting, software compliance, contracts and agreements, and cost comparisons.
- Perform contract reviews from an IT risk perspective
- Utilize reporting to ensure data accuracy of budgeting, software compliance, contracts, and cost, and follow up with Analysts for remediation.Responsible for reporting, including scorecarding, to address management requirements to obtain information.
- Respond to requests from users, managers, and team members for specific IT Software Asset Management data information.
- Recommend ITAM policies, processes, and procedures for effective software lifecycle management and execute on those recommendations.
- Audit and monitor purchased entitlements, including license usage, to ensure compliance and gather information as needed.
- Perform all maintenance renewals, including PO creation and receiving, and ensure proper amortization rules are communicated to finance.
- Annually provide appropriate budget information for assigned contracts, manage renewals to budget.
- Lead conversations between management and vendors around purchases, roadmaps, security concerns, renewals, contracts and agreements.
- Respond to out of compliance conditions with the utmost of urgency.
- Directly manage team members and be a sounding board for issues that they encounter. Lead team meetings, and keep monthly status report.
- 5 years’ experience in Asset Management OR
- 8 years’ IT Management experience with exposure to vendor contracts and negotiations
Other Required Qualifications
- Data analysis skills including: excel knowledge, research work, analyzing reports, data reconciliation
- Ability to work independently
- Strong attention to detail, high attention to detail, detail is your middle name
- Demonstrated organization, multi-tasking, and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with stakeholders and leadership
- Clear understanding of software entitlements
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Finance, Accounting, or Business
- Knowledge of Finance Accounting principles
- Experience with a SAM tool suite and/or asset discovery toolset
- Experience interpreting licensing terms and conditions
Job Category: Corporate IT
Job Type: Full-Time