The Sr Program Manager oversees the coordination and administration of all aspects of an ongoing program including planning, organizing, leading and controlling program activities while delivering a superior customer experience.
Key Areas of Responsibility
The Sr. Program Manager performs a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
Planning the Program
- Plan the delivery of the overall program and its activities in alignment with the organization’s strategy and priorities
- Develop new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organization
- Create and implement long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the program
- Develop an annual budget and operating plan to support the program
- Develop a program evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the program and to identify areas for improvement
Organizing the Program
- Ensure that program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization and comply with all relevant legislation and professional standards.
- Develop forms and records to document program activities.
Leading the Program
- Ensure all staff members receive orientation and appropriate training.
- Communicate with clients and other stakeholders to gain community support for the program and to solicit input to improve the program.
- Liaise with other managers and partners to ensure the effective and efficient program delivery.
- Coordinate the delivery of services among different program activities to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
Controlling the Program
- Write reports on the program for management and key stakeholders
- Ensure that the program operates within the approved budget
- Monitor and approve all budgeted program expenditures
- Manage all project funds according to established accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure that all financial records for the program are up to date
- Identify and evaluate the risks associated with program activities and take appropriate action to control the risks
- Monitor the program activities on a regular basis and recommend changes to enhance the program, as appropriate
Responsibilities by Sub-Function
- Direct Marketing (Targeting)
- Analyze email and digital metrics to generate insights and determine action plans to improve activity performance.
- Utilize direct marketing principles and work cross functionally to execute email & direct mail activities aligned to activity objectives based on
- Marketing Plan, which include recommendations on targeting, creative/message, contact strategy, and landing destination.
- Improve activity performance by applying the test/learn/apply approach through defining hypothesis, test design setup & execution, reviewing metrics and communicating learnings.
- Review and recommend targeting criteria, including model usage/development or attribute based selection, for activities with team members.
Other Required Qualifications
Proven program management experience, driving initiatives from conception through completion.
Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with a track record of successfully influencing stakeholders.
Excellent written and verbal communications with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders, including senior leadership.
History of providing outstanding customer service to stakeholders.
Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
Ability to take initiative and creatively problem solve
Understanding/appreciation for maintaining confidentiality
Record of successful organizational skills
Experience in developing or utilizing strategic sales campaigns
Demonstrated ability to analyze data and conduct primary research
Ability to multitask and adapt to a fast changing environment
Knowledge of technology product offerings and solutions
Proficient with Microsoft Office; Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
MBA or graduate degree
2 years of experience in eCommerce environments and digital marketing tools.
7 years Sales or Marketing experience or Project Management experience in Technology industry
Experience in working with sales organizations
Experience managing customer events and trade shows
Technology market knowledge and working experience
Proficient with reporting and analytics applications (Cognos and ProClarity)