CDW’s vision is to be the best national provider of Advanced Technology Solutions. We’ll achieve this reputation by continuing to delight our customers and being the employer of choice for Advanced Technology Solutions. Consulting Engineers at CDW are smart, hard-working Engineers who enjoy teaming with other best and brightest Engineers on highly visible, technically challenging projects and offerings. We’re looking for high-caliber, well-rounded professionals who are passionate about emerging technology, projects and consulting.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Participate in the planning, design, and implementation of management and/or monitoring implementations as well as system deployments and migration planning projects using System Center Products with a strong emphasis on System Center Configuration Manger and System Center
- Operations Manager implementations.
- Follow life-cycle oriented processes and procedures.
- Troubleshoot, maintain, upgrade, and provide solutions to complex hardware/software problems
- Assist in the management of projects using CDW's project management methodology
- Ensure a stable performance environment for enterprise computer applications
- Participate in various IT projects intended to continually improve/upgrade converged network solutions
- Create and execute test plans to meet project requirements for assigned components
- Identify and communicate potential opportunities for cross-selling to the sales team
- Manage time and expense to meet or exceed expectations defined in the Statement of Work
- Provide high quality content deliverables using the appropriate document templates
- Ensure solution is implemented as designed to the customer’s satisfaction and approval
- Bachelor degree in business, computer science, a related technical degree or equivalent
- Three years’ experience delivering complex technical solutions including planning, development, implementation and support
Other Required Qualifications
- Experience in System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Systems Center Operations Manager (SCOM) with experience in managing large environments
- Understanding of an array of technologies and their use, such as: Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange, SCCM, SQL Server, SharePoint, Exchange Hosted Services, SCOM, ISA, and WSUS.
- Recent experience/knowledge of the Business Desktop Deployment Solution Accelerator and enterprise desktop deployment strategies.
- Application packaging experience with recent knowledge of WISE Package Studio and Flexera Admin Studio.
- Experience with Novell, Atiris, Landesk, and/or WinInstall to SMS/SCCM Migrations
- Current and pending Microsoft Windows operating systems and other operating system knowledge
- Ability to travel average of 75%
- Ability to work weekends and/or off hours as necessary to meet clients' needs
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients
- Physically able to lift up to 50 pounds of equipment.
- Attention to detail on inventory and logistics is important
- Consulting experience preferred
- MCITP: Enterprise Administrator certification