This job posting is no longer active
The Contract Specialist serves as a resource for the Sales organization, by reviewing and verifying the business and legal aspects of Non-Disclosure Agreements, Purchase Orders, Business Associate Agreements, and other contracts for risk, compliance, scope and other impactful components. The Contract Specialist works closely with stakeholders in business units within CDW to obtain appropriate input and approvals and advise them of compliance and risk. The Contract Specialist also interacts with customer contracts and procurement representatives to negotiate agreements.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Draft, review, negotiate, and edit contract documents, with special attention to potential legal and business risk factors for the company; addressing those as needed to minimize and mitigate such risks.
- Ensure all appropriate approvals are obtained and issues are addressed by coordinating stakeholder input from CDW, partner, and end-user customer as necessary.
- Identify the correct stakeholder(s) when needed, and coach them on the issues and possible solutions.
- Organize communications between all parties, maintaining an unobstructed information stream and workflow while preventing inappropriate disclosure of sensitive information.
- Maintain negotiation records and documentation in the appropriate content/document management systems, ensuring that all legal documents are correctly archived.
- Identify gaps in standard template language required for company-wide use.
- Provide input on current workflow processes and procedures to continually improve the existing business model for maximum efficiency.
- Assist in updating department playbooks and wiki resources with these improved processes.
- Oversee created contracts with all parties from draft through to execution.
- Create customer-facing documents.
- Serve as liaison to all stakeholders by assisting with process issues, training, and developing tools and language to capture important components of agreements and transactions.
- Provide effective communication to key stakeholders, assist stakeholders in expressing their needs, and manage information flow.
- Oversee contracting process.
- Provide guidance and coordination for all stakeholders. Maintain high levels of customer satisfaction via fast, accurate, and professional contract creation and review contracting process.
- Provide guidance and coordination for all stakeholders. Maintain high levels of customer satisfaction via fast, accurate, and professional contract creation and review.
- Assist sales teams by advising on contract terms and conditions and related content areas to help effectively drive swift execution.
- Mitigate company risk profile by spotting potential legal, business, and compliance issues via a professionally written contract vehicle.
- Build strong relationships with key coworkers and outside personnel.
- Provide contract training to sales, services teams, and management as requested.
- Address other issues, as they arise, related to contracting processes.
- Perform various administrative, support, auditing, project-related and other work, assigned on an as needed basis.
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
Other Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 years’ experience in a contracts related position
- Strong analytical skills with ability to recognize both business and legal risks and opportunities.
- Ability to perform independently at a high level with minimal oversight.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to multi-task, to perform well under tight time constraints, to meet hard deadlines, and to respond quickly to emergent issues with poise and composure.
- A diplomatic and professional approach to business contacts.
- Proficiency with PC; command of MS Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, and Outlook.
- Ability to maintain concentrated focus on details to spot even the most minor discrepancies and anomalies in contract documentation and scope statements.
- 4 years’ experience drafting and negotiating contracts of varying degree of complexity in a corporate or IT environment.
- Paralegal Certification or other similar professional contracting organization certification (CPCM, CFCM, CCM, etc.).
- Experience with contract management software or other contract management workflow tools.
Job Category: Sales Support General
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 0%