This job posting is no longer active
The Manager, Partner
Finance Operations has responsibility over the operational aspects of Advertising
expense, Volume Incentive Rebates, Bid Programs, Deferred Marketing, Cooperative
Advertising (Coop), Sales Incentives(Spiffs), Misc. Programs, Compensated
Positions and any other partner (vendor) funded program. This includes
invoicing, claiming (e.g. proof of performance), collections of receivables,
and providing internal stakeholders with relevant data to assist with managing
Key Areas of
- Act as a liaison between Marketing Finance,
Marketing, and the entire Partner and Product Management Team for all
advertising expenses and all vendor funding programs.
- Interacts regularly with vendors/partners
to build and maintain good working relationships.
- Provide various reporting and metrics on
various receivable balances.
- Own the billing and collecting for
Deferred Marketing, VIR’s, Coop, Spiffs, Misc. Programs and Compensated
- Provide input and support for the
quarterly reserves and partner audits for the vendor funded programs.
- Lead team through managing the claiming
process and meet the claiming deadlines for the various partner programs.
- Manage the accounting and reporting for
Commission Review, specifically as it relates to Microsoft Commissions.
- Oversee the processing and use of deferred
- Lead team through management of the
technical aspects of the Peoplesoft A/R, Billing, Contract and Project
Costing Modules and the stand-alone Rebates System.
- Manage the cash application and collection
efforts of the team on a routine basis.
- Manage a team of coworkers including
performance management, coaching and development.
- Provide forecasting and collections
reports to Treasury.
- Provide process improvements and
productivity enhancements in all aspects of Vendor Funding.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (ideally in accounting
- External candidates:
- 5 years of finance experience
- 1 year of management experience
- Internal candidates:
- 4 years of finance experience
Other Required Qualifications
- Excellent verbal and written
communication skills and the ability to interact with all internal and
external stakeholders, including senior leadership
- Track record of building and maintaining
strong working relationships with all stakeholders including community
contacts, and the public
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of finance
principles and practices with ability to apply them in a business
- Proficient knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley
controls and requirements
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills
with critical attention to detail
- Track record of balancing multiple
priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs
of the business, while meeting deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft office
applications with strong experience in Excel
- Proven track record in problem analysis
with the ability to creatively and proactively problem solve
- Track record of identifying process
improvements, and making appropriate recommendations
- Strong negotiation skills with the
ability to influence internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport and
maintain productive working relationships cross-functionally
- Experience managing an accounts payable or
- Experience managing large and diverse
- Experience working with large general
ledger packages (PeopleSoft preferred).
Job Category: Finance
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 0%