This job posting is no longer active
The AIM Specialist is responsible for selling carrier service provider products and services, while maintaining internal account manager and field seller relationships as well as establishes, maintains, and develops business, social, and civic relationships with clients, potential clients, and CDW and CDW Account Executives in the assigned territory to enhance the potential for meeting the objectives of maximum profitability and growth through effective sales and services.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Support the development of business opportunities within the Cloud AIM Team.
- Exceed assigned revenue and pipeline quota objectives by successfully identifying and closing high-end revenue opportunities requiring solutions offered by our AIM portfolio.
- Provide consultative solution aid to customers in the development of their requirements.
- Understand customer requirements and assist in the qualification processes by utilizing the company’s standard products and services portfolio.
- Responsible for all technical content of the proposal process. Including RFI, RFQ and RFP responses and all technical designs.
- Possess deep technical knowledge of the entire CDW AIM portfolio. Provide internal and external thought leadership in relation to Telecommunications, Colocation, Managed Services and cloud based technologies and delivery methods.
- Be knowledgeable (industry expert) about products, applications, technical service, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical services. Maintain credible knowledge of competing technologies and solutions.
- Participate with CDW Account Managers in winning customer commitment by carrying out specific tasks
- Generally, this will include presenting CDW technical capabilities and Carrier Product Portfolios to assist in the sales cycles, and closing of sales.
- Analyze the client needs and interests and manage client satisfaction issues as well as make telephone and in-person calls and presentations to clients and potential clients
- Ensure strong, effective market share of many Service Provider solutions by providing direction and information on solutions and be capable of effectively contrasting each Carrier from the other.
- Evaluate performance results and make adjustments as needed.
- Coordinate sales efforts with the CDW Account Managers, management, and other technical service groups.
- Monitors competitive activity, oversees product information and identifies customer needs.
- Coordinate sales efforts with the sales management, marketing, order/billing, and technical service groups.
- Provide strong existing client management and outgoing business development efforts to optimize effective market coverage.
- Actively work with CDW Account Managers to attach all Cloud AIM portfolio service providers to prospective hardware and services opportunities as documented in the sales pipelines.
- Update sales projections and pipeline data weekly to Management.
- Keep abreast of the products, applications, technical service, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising, and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with product development.
- Ability to travel to customer locations as needed.
- Minimum 5-yr as CDW coworker or 5-yr related experience within an organization with Telecom, Cloud or Managed Services Sales experience in a growth environment
- 5 years’ experience working in channel management (internal promotions, sales motivation, working with internal sales representatives.)
Other Required Qualifications
- Strong understanding of multiple Service Provider Products and Services
- Experience in presenting and training to large groups.
- Solid understanding of Hosting and Managed Services solutions and Cisco, Microsoft and IBM technologies.
- Experience in presenting and training to large groups
- Thorough knowledge of client's products and services preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Enjoys working with scheduled deadlines
- Works well with customers, vendors and management
Job Category: Technical Sales
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 25%