The Maintenance Manager oversees the maintenance of the distribution center and the office facilities including CDW@Play Fitness and Childcare Center. This role is expected to troubleshoot and resolve all material handling systems and facilities issues.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for managing Maintenance Team including supervisors, technicians, mechanics and clerks.
- Manage the preventative and corrective maintenance on all material handling equipment, forklifts, HVAC systems, lighting, café and facilities.
- Oversee troubleshooting techniques to correctly identify problems in general facility equipment and material handling systems as well as lead other in using these techniques to keep equipment running and quickly return down equipment to service maintaining a very high up-time standard.
- Ensure day to day tasks are assigned and completed by the maintenance department.
Manage multiple platforms of technology to maintain conveyor, HVAC, lighting, weight scales, printers, and other systems.
- Manage the Maintenance Team’s responsibilities for ISO 9001 and ISO 14000 along with any training necessary to perform related duties including performing regular audits and inspections.
- Manage the “Maintenance Management System” for the facility including spare parts inventory and related purchasing.
- Collaborate with stakeholders on the development of new systems, processes and equipment to improve productivity and make recommendations regarding improvement opportunities.
- Provide project management for construction/remodeling and capital improvements projects.
- Responsible for coaching, development and performance management of the Maintenance Team.
- Provide miscellaneous services throughout the CDW facilities including managing maintenance requests.
- Manage the snow removal, lawn care and cleaning, contracts for the warehouse, office and CDW@Play maintaining high expectations.
- Promotes, follows and enforces CDW safety standards as well as policies and procedures outlined in the Road to Success coworker handbook.
- Provide the Maintenance Team with the daily communication, training, motivation and tools to complete their daily tasks.
- Meet company financial goals by managing the maintenance budget set by Finance.
- Certifications in electrical and/or mechanical technology and/or working equivalent.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 5 years facilities maintenance experience.
- 3 years management experience.
- Associates degree or certifications in electrical and/or mechanical technology or equivalent
Other Required Qualifications
- Working experience using a Maintenance Management System along with PLC’s and industrial control systems
- Knowledge of and demonstrated success in managing Critical Business Systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong project management skills
- History of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing need of the business while meeting deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill with the ability to effectively collaborate with all stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to read blueprints including electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and construction.
- Demonstrated ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Demonstrated ability to perform 8 or more hours of standing, bending, lifting walking and carrying products in combination at any given time.
- Proven resourcefulness with creative problem-solving skills
- Comfortable working in a warehouse environment which includes changes in temperatures as weather fluctuates and noise from conveyor and forklifts.
- Experience in project management and implementation.
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and facilities equipment.
- Plumbing, HVAC, Electrical and Programmable Logic Controller Certificates.