This job posting is no longer active
The Senior External Reporting Analyst I prepares CDW’s financial statements and related disclosures for its SEC filings and financial reporting, provides technical support on disclosure matters, and leads the Financial Reporting Analyst I on certain tasks.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Participates in the timely and accurate preparation of SEC filings, such as Form 10-Q/K and Form 8-K, including related XBRL submissions in compliance with the SEC’s detail tagging requirements.
- Reviews certain sections within the CDW’s SEC filings prepared by the Financial Reporting Analyst I.
- Prepares financial information and presentations for the CDW’s quarterly earnings release.
- Prepares the Earnings Per Share calculation to support both monthly and quarterly reporting requirements.
- Supports the Company’s external auditors performing quarterly reviews and the annual audit.
- Maintains current knowledge of SEC reporting requirements and works with the Global Accounting Advisory team on incorporating the impact of new accounting standards into the Company’s SEC filings.
- Supports business through reporting from the Hyperion Financial Management system, including maintaining and updating reports.
- Maintains compliance with internal control procedures for external reporting, including preparation of documentation to support financial disclosures.
- Collaborates with other finance departments to ensure timely and accurate completion of reporting activities, including direct communication with senior leadership
- Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 2 years of public accounting experience
Other Required Qualifications:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Proficient knowledge of GAAP and SEC rules and requirements.
- Demonstrates analytical skills with ability to creatively problem solve
- Demonstrated organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Track record in balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications with strong experience in Excel.
- Public accounting firm experience
- Knowledge of SEC requirements and experience with preparation of SEC filings
- Exposure to Hyperion Financial Management
- Exposure to Workiva reporting software
Job Category: Finance
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 0%