This job posting is no longer active
The Associate Telephony Engineer tests, maintains, monitors and trouble-shoots telephony components to provide a robust voice communications platform.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Implement and support mission critical corporate networks and complex converged infrastructures.
- Handle routine tasks relating to Telephony operations, installation, and/or maintenance for local, off-site and/or remote locations.
- Maintain and troubleshoot Cisco Communication Manager in a Clustered Solution; Cisco Unity and Unified Messaging Cisco UCCE, Call Recording in a large VoIP environment.
- Assist in the implementation and ongoing support of projects that include new locations or deploying new technologies across the network.
- Assist in the maintenance of technical and procedural documentation
- Execution of moves, adds and changes and end-user support.
- Participate on regular on-call rotation.
- Coordinate with the Help Desk to respond to questions and participate in evaluation and selection of new software and hardware.
- Work after hours and weekends as required by the business.
- Respond to emergency calls/pages/emails in a timely fashion even after hours.
- 10% travel
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
Associates degree or equivalent experience.
1 year experience in software/hardware voice equipment administration.
Other Required Qualifications
Basic knowledge of voice communications systems and structured cabling.
Exposure to Layer 3 Transport and Networking Concepts.
Working knowledge of a telecom network infrastructure (i.e., local & long-distance telco's, telco products, TFN's, QoS, Routing etc.).
Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders, including senior leadership.
History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
Demonstrated ability to trouble shoot with creative problem-solving skills.
Experience with moves, adds and changes on Cisco Communication Manager platform and Unity Voicemail
Cisco Voice certifications (CCVP, CCDP, CCIE).
Job Category: Corporate IT
Job Type: Full-Time