This job posting is no longer active
The Senior Manager, Indirect Procurement will be responsible for establishing proper procurement processes and driving cost optimization activities for indirect spend categories across CDW’s global footprint. The individual will be responsible for building and guiding a new team. The Senior Manager, Indirect Procurement will establish proper procurement policies, process, and standardizations across the company, while partnering with internal stakeholders in an advisory capacity to better manage external spend. The position will report to the VP, Controller & Chief Accounting Officer, and be involved with the simultaneous strategy and execution of our global indirect procurement program.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Manages, plans, and organizes the development and implementation of the company’s indirect procurement methods and processes. Determines the most appropriate and cost-effective procurement methods, processes, tools, and systems. Drives strategic cost reduction efforts. Recommends and initiates improvements to the overall procurement program.
- Establishes the appropriate internal policies and governance to ensure cost-effective procurement.
- Negotiates and maintains supplier agreements and contracts that define quality, delivery schedules, pricing, service levels and other terms and conditions.
- Analyzes industry trends and evolving technology to proactively minimize risk and exploit emerging opportunities that benefit CDW.
- Negotiates favorable terms, volume discounts and long-term contracts with suppliers for the procurement of goods, services and supplies.
- Evaluates supplier core competencies and competitive positioning using industry research and cost models, if appropriate.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7 years of procurement/supply chain experience in a consulting or corporate environment, including significant exposure to indirect spend categories
- 3 years of management experience
Other Required Qualifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact with all internal and external stakeholders, including senior leadership
- Track record of building and maintaining strong working relationships with all stakeholders
- Knowledge of procurement processes and applications to diverse categories to deliver value for the business. Includes the ability to use financial models, industry knowledge, and business requirements to develop and implement optimized business solutions
- Track record of implementing new and improving existing procurement processes in a business that is growing and constantly changing
- Ability to read and interpret contractual documentation. Knowledge of contract terms, applications and legal requirements, including the ability to manage performance to contracts and agreements
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills with critical attention to detail
- Knowledge of sources for competitive analysis including supplier and industry data to build competitive intelligence, inform business planning and optimize decision-making
- Track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business, while meeting deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications with strong experience in Excel including creation of ad hoc financial models
- Proven track record in problem analysis with the ability to creatively and proactively problem solve
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to influence internal and external stakeholders
- Master’s degree
- Industry certification (e.g., CPSM, CSCP)
Job Category: Finance
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 10%