The Director of Partner Finance manages all financial processes associated with vendor partner funding. This includes the identification, filing and full collection of all partner finance monies for the Company, as well as the accounting, planning, forecasting, and financial analysis thereof. This role oversees a combined volume of partner finance programs in excess of $1 billion dollars, with transaction volumes averaging over 10,000 per day. The position is responsible for providing financial business support to the Product & Partner Management function, including delivering C-suite and senior management information through regular business performance reporting. Key Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for financial support to Product & Partner Management.
- Thought leader for partner finance team, developing vision and strategic direction, driving ad-hoc finance and accounting projects.
- Provides full financial analysis on all sources of partner funding, including recommendations to the business to leverage potential opportunities.
- Manages the identification, filing and timely collection of all partner finance claims of CDW within the US.
- Ensures proper financial controls and requirements of Sarbanes Oxley in the partner finance area.
- Identifies areas of process improvement and optimization of all partner finance system capabilities. Makes appropriate recommendations and drives to execution.
- Manage partner finance team, providing leadership, guidance coaching and development opportunities.
- Creates strategy to maximize partner funding through the identification of further opportunities and partnering with CDW stakeholders to align the relevant business actions.
- Presents high level reporting and analysis to upper management on partner finance, including DSO, aging, write-offs, adjustments and monthly dashboards.
- Collaborates with external vendors and proactively works to build and maintain positive working relationships.
- Works cross-functionally to successfully communicate, track, and collect on partner funding programs.
- Minimizes write-off losses through the identification of trends leading to root causes, and the implementation of cross functional solutions.
- Builds bench strength to provide succession and future leaders for the company.
Qualifications Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- 10 years finance and/or accounting experience with increasing levels of responsibilities
- 6 years of progressive management experience
Other Required Qualifications
- 9 years finance and/or accounting experience with increasing levels of responsibilities
- 5 years of progressive management experience
- Demonstrated strategic thinker and leader, with the ability to create and execute on goals.
- Demonstrated excellent knowledge of accounting and finance principles and practices, with ability to apply them in a business analysis situation.
- Track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business, while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders, including C-suite leadership.
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to influence stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport and maintain productive relationships cross functionally.
- Track record of identifying process improvements, and making appropriate recommendations.
- Demonstrated excellent organization and planning skills with critical attention to detail.
- Advanced analytical skills
- Proven track record in problem analysis with the ability to creatively and proactively problem solve.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, with strong experience in Excel.
- MBA or CPA
- Experienced with Database / Business Intelligence Tools
- Previous experience in a similar department