This job posting is no longer active
As a Senior Payroll Tax Analyst, you will work with different stakeholders in Coworker Services and IT to build, develop, manage and monitor payroll taxes at the employer and employee level. This role works closely with other departments in identifying, defining, recommending and implementing process and system changes. Includes internal and external reporting, preparation of tax filings, and ensuring compliance for each business entity and our coworkers.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Reconcile payroll tax reporting to ensure accurate filings by ADP as well as Payroll reports to 941s and other required reporting.
- Ensure company and system compliance with employee and employer tax changes. This includes quarterly Tax Updates which entails, testing, researching and resolving any updates within the system during implementation.
- Preparation of internal and external reports via query writing and analysis.
- Lead processor for stock options transactions. Includes reconciling reports and determining/executing prepayments and tax deposits.
- Lead for year-end W2 preparation and processing. Includes processing balance adjustments and amendments.
- Audit, research/resolve, and monitor coworker tax information to ensure coworker and employer compliance.
- Reconciles tax accounts to general ledger and tax provider each payroll, monthly, and quarterly.
- Manages all Federal, state and local inquiries, reporting requests, etc.
- Test employer/employee changes made to payroll systems to ensure compliance and update tax rates.
- Review PeopleSoft tax update release notes and assist IT with the system implementation process.
- Review and resolve open items related to tax notices on the ADP Smart Compliance website.
- Performs reconciliation procedures for all processes and develop training manuals for various payroll tax balancing, tax deposits and other related processes.
- Acts as a subject matter expert and/or resource to others in the area of payroll taxes.
- Inform management of changes to tax requirements that impact the company.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 years of experience with payroll tax filings and compliance issues
Other Required Qualifications
- Must be able to create reconciliations that clearly communicate.
- Strong, professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient excel user (pivot tables, VLOOKUP, formulas, reporting, etc.)
- PeopleSoft query writing skills
- Query writing experience in PeopleSoft HCM
- Manual preparation of W-2s
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- 5 years of experience with payroll tax filings and compliance issues
Job Category: Finance
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 10%