This job posting is no longer active
The Senior Financial Analyst I is responsible for analyzing and presenting financial performance for the different business functions across the organization. This role builds financial models to support leaderships financial decision making, provides insightful recommendations and ideas for process improvement.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Proactively provide timely, insightful, actionable, and accurate financial reporting, analysis and recommendations to key areas in the organization.
- Develop annual plans for the different business units of the company.
- Build operational financial reports for the business.
Key Areas of Responsibility (Financial Planning and Analysis specific) :
- Performs monthly reviews of the departmental financial performance vs. plan and prior year. This includes working with department heads and Finance leadership to assist them in understanding results.
- Utilizes complex financial models to provide insight on performance targets.
- Automates and improves financial planning processes.
- provides financial analysis support for key capital projects.
- Builds successful partnerships with key internal customers and cross-functional teams.
- Provide documentation for financial schedules.
- Build successful partnerships with key internal customers and cross functional teams.
- Prepares analysis to support corporate projects and initiatives.
- Provide recommendations for process improvements in reporting and analysis.
- Provide system support.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- External candidates: 3 years previous finance experience.
- Internal candidates: 2 years CDW finance experience.
Other Required Qualifications:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of finance concepts, principles and practices, and the ability to apply them
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated organization and planning skills with critical attention to detail
- Demonstrated time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications with solid experience in Excel
- Demonstrated ability to effectively present data to stakeholders for full scenario understanding
- Track record of identifying process improvements, and making appropriate recommendations
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to influence stakeholders
- Understand accounting concepts
- Working knowledge of financial software tools such as PeopleSoft, Essbase, and Hyperion
- Macro development
- Data warehouse experience
- Working knowledge of SQL
Job Category: Finance
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 0%