The Partner Finance Specialist identifies, collects, reconciles, and analyzes vendor claims relating to rebates, cooperative advertising, sales incentives, funded positions and other vendor partner programs. This position will also interact regularly with Finance, Product & Partner Management, and vendor partners.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- File invoices and claims based on vendor requirements per specified deadline.
- Collect and reconcile all open monthly claims with CDW business partners weekly (or monthly as partner protocol dictates).
- Post payments, research and account for overpayments, and claim adjustments via system.
- Process invoices, attachments and write-offs as needed.
- Calculate and/or forecast and accrue rebates based on system reporting and analysis and program requirements accurately.
- Minimize write-offs via research and dispute resolution wherever possible.
- Identify write-off trends and recommend longer term solutions to mitigate root causes.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and best practices within the claim filling, settlement application and reconciliation areas to improve overall efficiency.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with vendor partners.
- Analyze the financial impact to cash and profitability of assigned vendor rebate programs.
- Monitor receivable balances weekly and proactively work to keep aged past due amounts to a minimum.
- Bachelor’s degree and 1 year professional work experience, OR
- High School Diploma and 2 years of professional work experience.
Other Required Qualifications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications with strong Excel skills.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with critical attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders.
- Track record of building and maintaining strong working relationships cross functionally and with external stakeholders.
- Strong conflict resolution and creative problem solving skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting