This job posting is no longer active
The Business Systems Manager oversees delivery of architecture specifications, application partitioning, object and data modeling, database design, programming, quality assurance, and implementation to support the needs of the business. The Manager of Business Systems functions at a strategic level of thinking for providing tactical solutions.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Ensure projects are completed at a high level of quality, within projected budgets and schedules.
- Collaborate cross-departmentally to maintain consistency, standards, and process flow interfaces and integration across platforms.
- Provide strategic business and technological direction of the group.
- Participate in the planning and prioritization of multiple projects and in the application architecture planning, including system partitioning and framework design.
- Manage a team of coworkers including performance management, coaching and development.
- Attract and build a talent pool that builds bench strength and allows for succession planning.
- Team development of high-level system narratives, storyboards, and user interface prototypes.
- Drive the development of detailed design specifications for use by the technical team and make technical decisions to meet the design goals articulated in product road maps.
- Oversee development of system test plans, software quality assurance (SQA) standards are achieved, and validate that business goals are accomplished.
- Manage projects to time frames, available resources and budget.
- Serve as an escalation point to resolve complex issues.
- Direct and focus the efforts of project teams and work with stakeholders to clarify requirements and business needs.
- Execute on projects that align with CDW’s strategic vision.
- Participate in annual budgeting process.
- Carry a company issued mobile device and respond to critical business issues in a timely manner.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- 10 years in application development
- 3 years management experience.
Other Required Qualifications
- Working experience in the appropriate platform as listed below.
- Advanced knowledge of the product lifecycle and methodology along with the software development life cycle, including requirements gathering, design, development, testing and implementation.
- Demonstrated experience with object-oriented design, and programming techniques.
- Advanced skill in software design support tools and productivity suites such as Microsoft Visio, Office, and Project.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team in managing implementation projects that utilize client/server technologies.
- Proven record of being resourceful with the ability to creatively problem solve.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Solid business and technical acumen, including the ability to write business correspondence and reports, system documentation and procedure manuals.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, and interpret complex business reports and documentation, periodicals, professional journals, and technical documentation and manuals.
- Proficient in Windows.
- Strong understanding of the B2B marketplace.
- History of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Track record of building productive working relationships cross-functionally.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or MIS.
- Demonstrated proficiency in iSeries technical standards
- Experience with RPG programming techniques
- Experience with OS/400, DB2/400, RPG (RPG/400, RPGIV, and ILE), CL, Java, SQL or other query utilities, source/object control tools such as Implementer.
- Experience JUnit, JDBC, Web Services, WebSphere, Log4j, ANT, source code control tools, or UML a plus
For Enterprise Solutions:
- Demonstrated proficiency in technical standards
- PeopleSoft, and Changepoint
- Leading and practicing in agile software development methodology
- Experience in development, configuration, integration, data mapping, and report creation functions of vendor package software
- Ability to research and evaluate vendor software as a business solution.
- Understanding of fit gap analysis process.
Job Category: Corporate IT
Job Type: Full-Time