The Lead Application Developer is responsible for designing and developing integration solutions and artifacts, securing and managing APIs, and partnering with the architecture team in laying out the strategic direction for ESB
Key Areas of Responsibility
Leads the analysis, design, development, performance tuning and testing activities for integration solutions
Shares knowledge and drives understanding of integration best practices across the application development teams
Creates and maintains technical design and support documentation
Leads team members and serves as a mentor to less experienced developers
Uses past integration experience to solve complex issues and develop quality supportable solutions that adhere to standards
Leads day-to-day development and maintenance activities for the ESB
Contributes to defining and estimating timelines, costs, and feasibility for integration projects
Designs and/or documents process models and flows, rules, and solutions
Collaborate with business and project teams to gather requirements and business needs.
Make technical decisions to meet the design goals laid out in product road map and by management.
Identify issues that require more attention, and work to resolve issues based on an understanding of the business problem being solved.
Draw appropriate resources together in order to address technical issues.
Direct and focus the efforts of the technical project team.
Monitor progress of project teams.
Mentor and coach junior team members.
Complete projects/tasks on a timely basis, according to commitments made to stakeholders and management.
Ability to multi-task; organize and prioritize
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, or a related field
- 8+ years of experience developing and designing integration solutions using an ESB using IIB
Other Required Qualifications
- Experience working with REST/SOAP services, building Swagger specs, managing API traffic flow, etc.
- Expertise in designing, building, and maintaining SOAP Web Services, REST/JSON services, with experience building and maintaining MQ-based services a plus.
- Experience with building Java applications
- Experience using XML, XSL/XSLT, JSON, SAML, OAUTH
- Excellent knowledge of data integration, technical orchestration, and integration patterns
- Strong technical experience in the systems and technologies being integrated (databases, applications, etc.)
- Integration developer who should have hands on experience working with MQ and IBM
- Integration Bus v10 or above
- Demonstrated knowledge of WebSphere MQ and IBM Integration Bus (formerly WebSphere Message Broker) cluster setup and configuration
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot using a variety of resources
- Ability to accurately estimate work effort and deliver to that estimate
- Demonstrated presentation and communication skills
- Experience working with API Management platforms
- Experience working with Vendors on new technology initiatives